(013) The Gatehouse Dunjon

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:41 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:OOC: Sorry Guys. That the last time I open a locked door when we are safe.
Hmm, it may well have slipped through the tiny gap between the top of the door and the ceiling anyway...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:10 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Dieter gets up and equips himself with sword and shield as the struggle at the door continues.... Andaros (1d20=15) deals another concussive hit (2dd=2,5) for 6 more hit points, but in doing so the solid head of his mace breaks off from the handle -- the metal hissing wildly as it disolves. The weapon is no more!

Thorgrim, enraged by the damage done to his beard (which continues to wither) swings his great hammer (1d20=11) and this time aims true, pulverising the thing with a great blow for (3dd=1,3,4) for 5 hit points. This seems enough to defeat the fell slime, for it quivers not any more. But Thorgrim is forced to give up his hammer, which is now naught but a dissolving wreckage.

Thorgrim rips his ruinous gambeson free and throws in down. "Woe, my beard!" he wails, "My beaaaard!".

Meanwhile, with Highbough's aid, Padrig unbuckles his armour swiftly, and dumps the smouldering carapace upon the floor before the corrosive slime eats through it and into his flesh.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 am

Valandil wrote:
Andaros tries to comfort Thorgrim, but he speaks clumsily and awkwardly.

"Calm down dwarf, you fought well, you just paid the price of your bravery. Calm down, it'll grow back."

OCC: Anyone has a spare weapon? I have my dagger, but I could do with something better.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Valandil wrote:OCC: Anyone has a spare weapon? I have my dagger, but I could do with something better.
There are a few extra weapons about the company, including (aside from daggers)...

Mads has an axe and a hand-axe.
Highbough has spear and sword.
Pelenwin has pole-axe and mace.
Now that Thorgrim's war-hammer has been destroyed, he has a pair of hand-axes as backup.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 am

tonneau wrote:
"Mmrrphhh", offers Gustave, lifting his head from his silken bedding and squinting at the group through one eye.
"Is it morning already?", he enquires sleepily.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 am

heartless wrote:
"Highbough you have shown yourself as a friend this night, thank you for coming to my aid", speaks Padrig.

"Thank you also Andaros and Thorgrim for you fought bravely this night, do not worry we will buy new weapons form the treasure we have found here soon enough", says Padrig.

Padrig will rest to bind and heal up his wounds.

Then Padrig inspects his armour, to see if its still okay to wear.

OOC: If not can he use Anwyn's or Michele's leather armour.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:45 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough sheathes his dagger, disappointed he won't get a chance to amputate any arms (or beards) tonight.

"Now that I am awake, I will take a turn keeping watch while I memorize The Trammel."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:50 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Also Highbough will poke the ooze with a stick or something to verify it is really dead, and to see if its acidic qualities persist after death. Could be useful...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 pm

eris wrote:
Olaf rouses from his sleep and sees the commotion going on. Hearing the calls to "burn it", he jumps up and grabs a firebrand from the fire and casts it onto the ooze extending under the door.

"What *is* that thing?" he shouts as he lights another f*got of wood with the smoldering embers of the fire and makes ready to use fire again against the monstrous ooze.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:48 pm

coffee wrote:
If that's all it was, Dieter will go back to sleep.

Return to “Hinterlands”