(011) The Expedition North


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:49 am

(011) The Expedition North

waysoftheearth wrote:
The following morning is cold, wet and dreary.

The company awakes ere the break of day to get an early start, before even master Albert's kitchens have begun their cookfires.

Eight of you who have stayed at the Plow and Furrow for five days while Padrig has imposed upon the hospitatlity of the Temple of Thuul, and Flewellen and Ulric have spent most of their time in the archives.

Taines leaves a fat little sack of silver upon Albert's bar to right the company's account for meals and accommodations -- 96 silver shillings all told.

You then trudge out into the morning drizzle, and hustle through the dark, rain-soaked streets of Ket, and approach the gate as it opens with the first grey light of dawn.

Gustave hurries to the Jolly Noose where he find Boris and Fix waiting grumpily in the cold drizzle for him, and signals them to follow, which they do.

"Nice day for it," grumbles Boris as they tramp through the muddy streets with rain running off their oiled cloaks.

Despite the steady rain, the streets begin to fill out with the morning business, and the company attracts little notice as they pass through the gates in small groups, and head across the muddy fields making for farmer Hubert's out shed where all the gear has been stockpiled.

Gustave, Boris and Fix arrive last, to find Mads and Olaf hitching a skrawny and recalcitrant mule (which Flewellen has decided will be Marily, after his sister) to farmer Hubert's old cart. This proceeds awkwardly as the others fit their arms and armour, and load the cart with the extra supplies.

"These fine chaps are Boris and Fix," Gustave introduces the mercenaries. They assess the company evenly and give slight nods of approval to the fighting Men.

Soon, everyone is fully equipped and all the gear is loaded into the cart. The expedition is ready to set out...


(Gentlemen, I will need a destination, and a marching order.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:55 am

(011) The Expedition North

waysoftheearth wrote:
A few logistical matters;

Each party member (excepting the mercenaries) have 8 days of trail rations. I will assume these supplies are carried in the cart unless you say otherwise. There are 4 days of proper feed for the mule, which can be stretched to 8 days with good grazing.

Nobody has thought to restock basic supplies such as rope, torches, lantern oil, iron spikes, spears, poles, and the like, and the company is modestly light in this department, having only what you returned to town with after your last adventure.

If you wish to stock up on such things now is the last chance. Anyone other than Ulric and Flewellen has had ample opportunity to purchase such goods over the last few days, and stash them at the out shed prior to departure.

According to my records you have the following coin to hand;

Caine; 8gp, 94sp, 5cp.
Mads; 0gp, 8sp, 8cp.
Dieter; 8gp, 100sp, 6cp.
Olaf; 3gp, 16sp, 0cp.
Ulric; 0gp, 39sp, 0cp.
Taines; 16gp, 11sp, 18cp.
Flewellen; 4gp, 10sp, 13cp.
Padrig; 2gp, 0sp, 2cp.
Gustave; 2gp, 18sp, 14cp.

When details were sketchy I have charged costs among whomever was present. Notably, neither Caine (only restocked his quiver) nor Dieter spent much of their treasure, and Taines covered the last four days of the company's stay at the Plow.

You can redistribute some of the spend if you wish.

Boris and Fix will cost 8sp per day each (plus food), and have not yet been paid.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:56 am

(011) The Expedition North

waysoftheearth wrote:
Hit points have been re-rolled for the new expedition!

Caine 1d6+2 = 6
Mads 1d6+4 = 9
Dieter 2d6+5 = 12
Olaf 2d6+5 = 10
Ulric 1d6+1 = 4
Taines 1d6+7 = 12
Flewellen 1d6+1 = 3
Padrig 1d6+2 = 5
Gustave 1d6+4 = 9

Anwyn 1d6+2 = 5
Victor 1d6+6 = 10
Fix 1d6+3 = 6
Boris 1d6 +3 = 7
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:30 am

(011) The Expedition North

waysoftheearth wrote:
According to my records, here is a complete inventory of what the company has (excluding coin, listed above). Please let me know if I've missed anything.

"supplies" indicates 8 days of trail rations.

Caine
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
Ringmail
Daggers, 5
Short bow
Arrows, 20
Silver arrows, 3
Quiver
Tinderbox
Chalk
Writ of Debit

Mads
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
Helm
Chainmail
Shortbow
quiver
Arrows, 28
Hand axe
Antique cold iron axe
tinderbox
chalk
pole, 4'

Dieter
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
Ring of Gambado
leather armour
shield, wooden
helmet
sword
sling
dagger
bedroll
crowbar
shovel
60' loyal rope, silk
spring loaded grappling hook

Olaf
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
Resplendant Scepter
helm
chainmail
shield, wooden
sword
shortbow
dagger
Arrows, 3
quiver
bedroll
8' pole
Iron spikes, 5
Torches, 3
masterwork lantern
matching tinderbox
matching oil flask (magefire oil)

Ulric
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
pelt pouch
sack
waxed satchel
bedroll
lantern, hooded
tinderbox
steel mirror
Chalk
scroll case, leather, 3
pouch of billowing dust
The Grimoire Lusus Naturae
Abridged Tonges of the Underworld
Hinterlands Map

Taines
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
axe
shield, wooden
whetstone
hide armour
bedroll
winter blanket
lantern
Sapper's Helmet

Flewellen
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
bedroll
writing ink
glass bottle (1oz)
Minianture chest containing rot grubs
Scroll case, copper
spell scrolls
satchel, waxed
lantern oil, 1 flask
tinderbox
hooded lantern
dagger
sling

Padrig
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
Hide armour
Spear
Shortbow
Arrows, 20
Arrows, silver, 3
quiver
shield, metal
holy symbol
scroll case, leather
holy water
Sack
Belt pouch
Crystin's purse
Crystin's holy water
Crystin's holy symbol
Shoulder pouch
torches, 6
Tinderbox
Lantern oil, 1 flask
Ivory scrollcase containing spell scrolls
The Elysian Mecum


Gustave
clothing
backpack
supplies
waterskin
purse
ringmail
sword
dagger
sack
bedroll
electrum cigar case
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:57 pm

(011) The Expedition North

danhem wrote:
Ulric finds some shelter in the shed and takes out the map.

"Well, where shall we head next?"


OOC: Shall we head in the opposite direction of our last journey? I believe it was suggested that we head towards the bridge. How about the ruin just to the left of the bridge and below the large ruin in the swamp?

We may want to double our rations and purchase some for our retainers as well.

To that end, Ulric will have purchased a second weeks worth of trail rations.

Ulric previously purchased 3 flasks of oil (#25 in Preparations thread) and still has 6 leaves of parchment, 2 ounces of ink, and 2 quills remaining after the spell research, as well as 60' silk rope remaining from the last expedition.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:30 pm

(011) The Expedition North

verhaden wrote:
Mads the Fair

Mads will stock up on some more rations and purchase 50' of hemp rope.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:16 pm

(011) The Expedition North

eris wrote:
OOC: I'm sure I posted that Olaf did some shopping in the Preparations thread, but IAC, here you go with even more [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]...

1 score of arrows, 8sp
1 Bow string, 3cp
2 Sacks, 6cp
60ft hemp rope, 14cp
1 week trail rations, 14sp
3 flasks of lantern oil, 3sp

...this leaves Olaf with 0 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp.

I'll update Olaf's character sheet with supplies, coin and HP now.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:36 pm

(011) The Expedition North

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Gustave, Boris and Fix arrive last, to find Mads and Olaf hitching a skrawny and recalcitrant mule (which Flewellen has decided will be Marily, after his sister) to farmer Hubert's old cart. This proceeds awkwardly as the others fit their arms and armour, and load the cart with the extra supplies.

Olaf nods to Gustave as he approaches and says, "Who have you got with you, Gustave?"

"These fine chaps are Boris and Fix," Gustave introduces the mercenaries. They assess the company evenly and give slight nods of approval to the fighting Men.

Olaf, likewise, assesses the two mercenaries that are joining the group, "You two look like you can handle yourselves."

Soon, everyone is fully equipped and all the gear is loaded into the cart. The expedition is ready to set out...


(Gentlemen, I will need a destination, and a marching order.)

As far as marching order, Olaf will start out with his bow in hand and take a position on one flank so he can use his "sharp eyes" as the party moves along.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:44 pm

(011) The Expedition North

eris wrote:
danhem wrote:Ulric finds some shelter in the shed and takes out the map.

"Well, where shall we head next?"


OOC: Shall we head in the opposite direction of our last journey? I believe it was suggested that we head towards the bridge. How about the ruin just to the left of the bridge and below the large ruin in the swamp?

Olaf says, "I'm for that! I don't think we should return to the ruins we last explored for a bit...let things cool down in that direction."

He traces his finger along the road toward the north, "If we follow this road we should come to a way to get to that bridge, I should think."

"Doesn't it look like there are towers or keeps along the road, too?" Olaf frowns at the map, "Shelter and places to explore as we go. What do you all think?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:54 pm

(011) The Expedition North

tombowings wrote:
"The bridge, although it looks to be heading nowhere could be a good move should wish to stay away from the ruined keep," says Flewellen. "Maybe there is some secret to this bridge just waiting to be discovered by daring travelers such as ourselves."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Next

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software