(010) Preparations

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:41 pm

(010) Preparations

eris wrote:
Let's divide up the treasure, then!

Olaf wants cash to purchase armor and supplies.

If the magic items are a hold up, then let's just re-figure the cash and divide the XP from the magic items equally and let them be "community property" used by whoever in the group can make best use of them.

Will you let us do that Waysoftheearth?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:31 pm

(010) Preparations

tombowings wrote:
danhem wrote:"Those tomes sound most interesting. Together we should be able to find some useful information. Perhaps we should gather some experimental supplies to aid in our research?"
"Once the treasure has been split and we have obtained the necessary oils, salts, and papers, I can lead you to them and there we can work out the mysteries of these arcane texts. Remember, bring your bedroll, foodstuffs, and some lantern oil--the library is only technically open for the couple of hours surrounding noon."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 pm

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
tombowings wrote:OOC: Flewellen has 3 silvers less that he spend at the Furrow and Plow for a room and meal.
Okay thanks, noted.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 pm

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:Let's divide up the treasure, then!

Olaf wants cash to purchase armor and supplies.

If the magic items are a hold up, then let's just re-figure the cash and divide the XP from the magic items equally and let them be "community property" used by whoever in the group can make best use of them.

Will you let us do that Waysoftheearth?
The XP for the artefacts will be unallocated until someone claims them. Since nobody is in any danger of reaching 2nd level just yet, it really doesn't make much difference.

I have recalculated all of the coin shares accordingly (see the Out Of Character thread).

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 pm

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
tombowings wrote:Remember, bring your bedroll, foodstuffs, and some lantern oil--the library is only technically open for the couple of hours surrounding noon."
(/b)(/color)(/quote)

Flewellen, in his exhausted state, forgets that he has four or five flasks of lantern oil himself, which should be an adequate supply.

He will need to find rest soon, or else simply collapse from fatigue.

Ulric notes that a supply of candles may be cheaper than lantern oil...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:20 am

(010) Preparations

danhem wrote:
"Flewellen, you may wish to rest before returning to the library. Let us procure some supplies and then return to the Plow. I need some time to study my Grimoire before spending any more time on these goblin-infested streets."

Ulric loads his pack with his share of the coins and heads to the market.

He purchases 24 candles (12 cp), 3 flasks of oil (3 sp), a belt pouch (4 cp), a sack (3 cp), a fine wax satchel for his spell book that catches his eye (4 sp), 12 leaves of parchment (2 sp), 6 feather quills (6 cp), 4 ounces of ink (4 sp), 2 days of fresh rations for the library (14 cp), and a 1 weeks worth of trail rations for their next journey. That left him with 8 gp, 80 sp, and 9 cp remaining.

His shopping completed, Ulric returns to the Plow to study his Grimoire Lusus Naturae before going to the library. He once again memorizes The Baleful Somnolence and the Anthracite Sufferance, two spells which had served him well thus far.

OOC: Is everyone alright with spending a few more days in Ket so that we can research this new spell? We still need to consider hiring some mercenaries. Our more charismatic members can be in charge of that detail. Ulric still has plenty of money with which to do so; otherwise I'll be converting my silver to gold.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:49 am

(010) Preparations

heartless wrote:
eris wrote:Let's divide up the treasure, then!
Padrig agrees, let us go and divide the coins and treasure so each of us can purchase what we need over the next few days. Do we have it here with us now?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:51 am

(010) Preparations

tombowings wrote:
"I'll leave the coin allocation to you all--I'll take whatever you all think is fair. For now, I'm going to sleep before I fall and hit my head on the cobblestone. And tomorrow, Ulric, we can begin our research."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:16 am

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
The modest treasure haul is divided up (as explained http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... 92&page=13here). Each of you has his own share of the coin in his pack or a poke.

Victor (seemingly the most trustworthy among the company) is taking care of the ring and the scepter, for now.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 am

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
As I understand it...

Padrig, Ulric and Flewellen (after he has snatched some sleep) are intent upon a few days of research and pen craft.

Mads and Gustave (being the most charismatic types) are charged with returning to the Jolly Noose for the purpose of hiring of an adequate company of mercenaries and dogsbodies and such supplies as will keep them content for the next expedition.

The remainder of the company have a leisure to shop and re-equip themselves, and sample a few of Ket's beverages along the way...

Return to “Hinterlands”