(010) Preparations

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:42 am

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
"Count mine out too," quips Anwyn, who herself has trouble with overly large numbers.

Ulric does the honours, and ensure that Anwyn gets exactly what is owing to her.

"I'll see if I can't find a better bow and some silvered arrows," she announces. She takes her sack of coin from Ulric, and merrily skips off after Victor along Bow street, singing a whimsical Elvish melody as she goes...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:22 am

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
Victor spends the afternoon kitting out for the upcoming expedition.

He pawns his morning star (2sp, 7 charisma) for he has his boon -- a pair of masterwork hand-axes -- and purchases instead a large crossbow (33sp) with a shoulder case (2sp), and belt strap bolt case (2sp) with a score of bolts (8sp). For additional protection he gets himself a rather dubious looking, dented old helmet (18sp) improving his AC from 5 to 4.

For more comfortable overnighting, he gets himself a bedroll (3sp), and restocks his pack with another week worth of trail rations (14sp).

He looks like one seriously ready fighting-man.

"I like to keep this handy," Victor gravels as he man-handles the bulky crossbow into a firing from the hip stance, "for close encounters."

He spits.

Victor has just 1 silver shilling remaining.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:43 am

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
Anwyn also prepares herself for the expedition.

She buys a replacement bowstring for her shortbow (3cp) and six silver tipped arrows (6sp) along Bow street.

The she sells her leather armour for 8sp (12 charisma), and purchases a shiny new shirt of ringmail (39sp). Her AC is unchanged, but she now has better protection against slashing attacks.

She also purchases an elegant shortsword with a belt and scabbard (18sp) and hangs this at her left hip.

Finally, she restocks her supplies with a week of fresh trail rations (14sp).

Anwyn is ready for action!

She has but 4cp remaining to her name!

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:47 pm

(010) Preparations

tombowings wrote:
danhem wrote:"Flewellen, what did you learn at the library? Did you find any clues to the The Exigent Secernment? I was thinking we should pool our resources and knowledge to see what we can learn of this and other unknown elements of the Art."
OOC: Sorry, I was game designing and rolling dice all day yesterday.

"As you can see, my friend, I stayed a bit longer than expected, but was able to track down three books that I could both read and may be of some assistance. While I did not find The Exigent Secernment in its full form, there is an alchemist's journal, a libram detailed the ills and woes of witchcraft, and a collection of letters exchanged between two court magicians containing (among a lot of other trivia) some detailed exchanges of information regarding their own arcane researches. Should you like to join me, our ideas combined may speed up the process."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:15 pm

(010) Preparations

eris wrote:
danhem wrote:Ulric's eyes light up as the priest explains the operation of the magical devices.

"Marvelous," he says. "This scepter will indeed prove useful in our exploration. We thank you for your assistance."
Olaf takes a few coins from his purse and offers them to Tor with a slight bow, "If your order accepts offerings of thanks, please accept these few coins from me. I only wish I were a more wealthy man so my meager offering could be more. Perhaps with these artifacts to assist us that will be true upon our next meeting."

"But it is a dangerous time and place in which we live, so who knows how we shall fare, eh?" Olaf smiles and continues, "I know it was a goal of our friend Sir Rodrick to work for the establishment of civilization and order in this region, and although we are none of us his equal, I think that meshes with our own goals."

"So, while we have your ear, Priest of Thuul, let me ask if there are any words of wisdom you can offer for us concerning the current state of Ket and its surrounds?" Olaf asks.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:51 pm

(010) Preparations

danhem wrote:
tombowings wrote:"As you can see, my friend, I stayed a bit longer than expected, but was able to track down three books that I could both read and may be of some assistance. While I did not find The Exigent Secernment in its full form, there is an alchemist's journal, a libram detailed the ills and woes of witchcraft, and a collection of letters exchanged between two court magicians containing (among a lot of other trivia) some detailed exchanges of information regarding their own arcane researches. Should you like to join me, our ideas combined may speed up the process."
"Those tomes sound most interesting. Together we should be able to find some useful information. Perhaps we should gather some experimental supplies to aid in our research?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:49 pm

(010) Preparations

heartless wrote:
Padrig is happy to see this company, and asks if it is okay to stay a few more days to complete his spell making. Padrig gets his part of the treasure and buys what he needs to complete the last 2 spell scrolls copying into the magic book:
- The Irreproachable Susurrus
- The Shill Feroe
If time allows Padrig will create a new scroll spell in common (to protect against undead and in common so others can cast it) from the spell book:
- The Soliloquy of Repentance
and an extra healing spell (in common)
- The Supplication of Medicant Requite

Once done Padrig will go shopping and purchase a helmet (30sp), and his own writting ink(1sp), Quill, steel nibbed(1gp), and Parchment, 6 leaves(1sp). Top up Rations (7sp?). Scroll case, wooden (2sp). Top up Torches (4cp). Mirror metal, (12sp).

OOC: Am I right I receive 6gp and 77sp.

Padrig requests his company to each buy some fine wine or pure water so that it can be used to aid healing if they are injured.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:44 am

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
Padrig has not the funds to purchase additional inks, powders and writing paper. In fact, his coin purse contains a single copper penny.

The party will have to divide the remaining treasure before Padrig can buy any more writing equipment.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 am

(010) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
According to my records, the company has the following ready cash prior to loot allocation (except for Victor and Anwyn who have already taken their shares):
  Code:
Character	Gold	Silver	Copper
Caine	0	0	5
Mads	0	2	4
Dieter	0	2	6
Oalf	2	3	0
Ulric	0	0	6
Taines	8	9	18
Flewellen	10	10	13
Padrig	0	0	1
Gustave	0	9	14
Anwyn	4	7	4
Victor	0	23	0
If Padrig wants to borrow some coin, it seems he should ask it of Flewellen or Taines.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

(010) Preparations

tombowings wrote:
OOC: Flewellen has 3 silvers less that he spend at the Furrow and Plow for a room and meal.

Return to “Hinterlands”