(009) Return to Ket


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 am

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gustave and Caine return to the Plow and Furrow with their goods to report the jeweller's appraisals to the company. When they arrive they find Taines, Dieter, Anwyn and Mads and half a dozen farm hands drinking merrily in the common room...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 am

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Flewellen; The Traders' Concourse

Flewellen settles in for an epic study session in the dim archives...

(Let's wait and see what the others do with the remainder of their day.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:10 pm

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Padrig; The Temple of Thuul

Hector leads Padrig to a tiny but clean domicile within the heart of the temple. It has a small, shuttered window, a plain, narrow cot and sports a very humble writing desk.

"A novice's quarters is all we can spare, I am afraid," explains Sir Hector apologetically, but Padrig is unfazed. After sleeping in a barn it will be a welcome change.

"I will have pens and inks brought to you shortly," says Hector when Padrig accepts the room, and then announces "But for now I must leave you, for I have other duties to tend this day."

He bows deeply, and then departs, leaving Padrig in blissful solitude.

Some quarter hour later, a wide-eyed novice boy appears with a small bundle of writing equipment and leaves them by the doorway without ever entering. His is clearly half petrified and half entranced at the sight of an Elf, and Padrig cannot help but smile to himself -- these Men can be so naive. They boy almost says something, but thinks better of it at the last moment and hurries off, leaving Padrig with his pens and ink.

(Copying a spell can take long hours of pen work -- perhaps even days. Which spells exactly does Padrig wish to copy, and in which tongue? His other scrolls are in Old Elvish, and The Elysian Mecum is written in Celestial. Padrig can also write in Elvish and Common (which some of the other PCs may be able to read))
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:16 pm

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric and Olaf; The Erstwhile Emporium

Jurgen ups his offer by a further dozen crowns, but Ulric's mind is made up, so he grudging agrees to let the sceptre and other goods pass him up for now, and purchases the Silver Goblet and the Oynx idol for the agreed 70 silver shillings.

After the coin has been counted out from Jurgen's strongbox, Olaf shoulders the modestly weighty poke full of silver, and both Men return to the Plow and Furrow feeling pleased with the information they have gathered.

When they arrive back at the common room -- sometime after noon -- they find most of their company already present and getting started with their drinking...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:21 pm

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Plow and Furrow

A little after noon has waned, all of the company barring Padrig and Flewellen have returned to the Plow and Furrow. Victor has hidden the other coin under a matress, upstairs, and has joined the rest of you in the common room -- although he drinks only slowly from his great tankard of ale.

Unlike Taines, who seems to have an insatiable thirst for the stuff...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:21 pm

(009) Return to Ket

verhaden wrote:
Mads the Fair

Mads informs the rest of the group of the southern raiders and the fears of the cattle farmers. "If the raiders use the roads, this Simon the Humble clearly sounds like a scout sent to clear the path--if both rumors are true."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:47 pm

(009) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Ulric and Olaf; The Erstwhile Emporium

Jurgen ups his offer by a further dozen crowns, but Ulric's mind is made up, so he grudging agrees to let the sceptre and other goods pass him up for now, and purchases the Silver Goblet and the Oynx idol for the agreed 70 silver shillings.

Olaf says to Jurgen, "We'll think about your offer. Don't be surprised if you see us again."

After the coin has been counted out from Jurgen's strongbox, Olaf shoulders the modestly weighty poke full of silver, and both Men return to the Plow and Furrow feeling pleased with the information they have gathered.

Olaf keeps a sharp eye out for dangers...and for anyone who might be following Ulric and himself back to the tavern.

When they arrive back at the common room -- sometime after noon -- they find most of their company already present and getting started with their drinking...

Upon entering, Olaf waves to his companions and gives a hearty greeting, "Hello, my friends! I see you've started a'fore Ulric and myself."

Olaf is hungry and in need of a bath, but he wants to deal with 'business' before getting into his cups.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:38 am

(009) Return to Ket

danhem wrote:
"Friends, let us retire upstairs for the time being to discuss business. We have information to share about some items and we should divide our findings. I have need of a bath, some rest, and time to study."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 am

(009) Return to Ket

tonneau wrote:
Gustave awaits until all are present in the upstairs room, before revealing the valuations on the gemstones.
"The wee lass in the jewellery store downtown will, I believe, give you a fair price for these items. Indeed, she has already offered the following: 20 silver a piece for the 14 thumbnail sized stones, 150 for the Crimson Eye Stone, a mere 12 silver for the crude brass ring and the copper ring set, but 24 gold crowns for the argent choker and the guilded letter opener", he notes, "...she was also somewhat stumped by this little number", he adds, holding up the white gold ring on a shapely pinky, "but offered 100 silver, and I think there could be more to this one than meets the eye."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 am

(009) Return to Ket

coffee wrote:
Dieter's eyes narrow as he looks at the ring.

"Do you feel any different when you wear it?" he asks. "Is it possible that it's magic?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software