(009) Return to Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 am

(009) Return to Ket

tombowings wrote:
Once out of earshot of the gatesmen, Flewellen says, "I sure wish we didn't leave the others behind in this rain. But I guess that's the way it must be. I shall follow you wherever you may lead, for I know this city well, I do not."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:54 am

(009) Return to Ket

heartless wrote:
"I wonder if there be an other way into town we could try", asks Padrig.

OOC: Do I know where the nearest temple is? IS there one around Ket?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:52 am

(009) Return to Ket

coffee wrote:
Dieter laughs softly to himself.

"Well, that's about the way of it," he says, shaking his head. He heads off the road into the trees, trying to find a reasonably dry place to sleep.

He's been soaked before; he knows he'll dry out.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:18 am

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Outside

Dieter turns his head this way and that, looking for some shelter. The party isn't anywhere near a road of any sort, having just come directly overland through the heath.

There are no decent trees is sight, just acres of low scrubby heath to the south -- and most of that is looking cold and wet through. There are, however, a couple of little farmer's huts scattered here and there across the fields to the north. Most of these now have smoke curling from their chimneys indicating that they are occupied, but there is what looks to be a rude barn just a couple of score yards distant that may be unoccupied...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:23 am

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:OOC: Do I know where the nearest temple is? IS there one around Ket?
Padrig has not personally visited Ket before, but if there was a Temple of Heledd there he would almost certainly know of it, and he does not. It seems far more likely that he might find a Temple of the Knight Guardians (Rodrick's former order) in Ket, however.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:33 am

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:"I wonder if there be an other way into town we could try", asks Padrig.
"I know another way," grunts Victor, "But it ain't pretty," he spits unhappily.

"But surely prettier than catching a chill in the rain," Anwyn speculates.

"Well," explains Victor with a growl, "The town sewers drain out under the walls, into the river on the other side of town," he gestures vaguely into the darkness beyond Ket. "I've heard it said that a keen Man could crawl up those pipes and work his way beneath them walls..."

There is a long pause as everyone digests this while patter of constant rain continues.

"Like I said, it ain't pretty," concludes Victor, and spits.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am

(009) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Inside

Mads and Flewellen hasten through the muddy streets with rain water running freely off their backs, and approach the first inn-like establishment they find.

They hurriedly open the door of an establishment called "The Plow and Furrow", and are greeted by a wave of orange warmth and good hearted song and chatter from the busy common room.

Both Men shake the worst of the water from themselves and are just preparing to enter the place proper when a fat man in an apron bustles over with an armful of empty tankards and wooden bowls.

"Wot kin oi do fer ye, gentlemen?" he asks with rosy grin.

The food and drink smells amazing, and both Flewellen and Mads suddenly realise they haven't eaten a hot meal in the better part of a week. They are ravenous!

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:57 pm

(009) Return to Ket

tombowings wrote:
"My name is Klindik the Mudder," say Flewellen to the portly man. "I have come to ket in search of bride, but for now a long rest and a hot meal will satisfy my needs all the more. This is Deardorff, my cousin and traveling companion. We would like a room for the night."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 pm

(009) Return to Ket

coffee wrote:
"I'm for the barn," Dieter says, striding off in that direction.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 pm

(009) Return to Ket

makofan wrote:
Caine tags along with Dieter

Return to “Hinterlands”