(008) The Blockade

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm

(008) The Blockade

waysoftheearth wrote:
makofan wrote:BTW, Caine does upgrade to ring mail and hopes maybe to get a few pennies for his used leather
Caine outfits himself in Roddrick's ringmail before leaving the keep.

(If he can carry his leather armour as well and remain unencumbered he will, otherwise he will abandon it here -- I will check my notes tonight).

(Okay, Caine can carry the leather armour as well and remain unencumbered if he empties his quiver (10 normal arrows). He can carry the 3 silver arrows).

edit : update on encumbrance
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:45 pm

(008) The Blockade

waysoftheearth wrote:
It doesn't take much searching to learn that the site has been looted during the night. Numerous weapons, helm and shields appear to be missing. Coin purses have been cut from belts, pokes and packs have been emptied and discarded, and there is a band of relatively clean flesh on Bolgog's grubby finger where a ring was once worn. Bolgog's mace is nowhere to be seen.

Even the basic camp site has been turned over. All the supplies, and much of the cooking gear and construction tools have been looted, leaving only the bulkiest and meanest of gear.

All that remains to be salvaged are a few hobgoblin spears and swords, a couple of dented helms and shields, and if you wish to dress down the Hobgoblin corpses, three rusty and broken shirts of rings, and Bolgog's muddy long coat of chainmail.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:04 am

(008) The Blockade

heartless wrote:
OOC: Sorry have been away for a few days with school holidays.
waysoftheearth wrote:
Padrig can carry only one of the three great tomes that he found in Crystin's care and remain unencumbered. I assume he will take the Elysian Mecum, as it is of Heledd's Immaculate Testament.

What next?
OOC: Padrig has Crystin's spell book, as requested earlier, as he plans to create scroll spells from it to use to aid the party. All the other items of Crystin's would be placed in safety with the rest of the stored gear in the barred cell, without the hobgoblins been around to see.
Am I right to assume I can't also carry "The Elysian Mecum" tome?
Is anyone carrying Rodicks spell book to return to the temple?

Padrig leaves with the party to go to Kent.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 am

(008) The Blockade

waysoftheearth wrote:
Padrig is carrying The Elysian Mecum (Crystin's spell book).
Ulric is carrying The Abridged Tongues of the Underworld (Crystin's boon).
Anwyn is carrying The Book of Solemn Contemplation (Rodrick's spell book).

Nobody went back down into the dunjon, but Padrig is carrying what he can of Crystin's incidental gear; her coin purse containing 1sp and 1cp, wooden holy symbol, 2 days of victuals and flask of holy water (5 sups remaining).

Left behind were her leather armour, metal shield, mace, light mace, shoulder pouch, belt pouch, candles, backpack and waterskin.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 pm

(008) The Blockade

eris wrote:
"This means another party has been in the area overnight." Olaf says, "More of the goblins and hobgoblins I suspect."

"I think we should do all we can to get back to the town before nightfall." he adds, "Let's get a move on!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:04 am

(008) The Blockade

coffee wrote:
"Absolutely!" Dieter proclaims, shouldering his pack and setting off.

(I assume I'm carrying a bunch of the treasure, since I'm so strong and all.)

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:26 am

(008) The Blockade

waysoftheearth wrote:
Back to Ket then.

Will you travel overland (the shortest route), or by road (the easiest route)?

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 am

(008) The Blockade

heartless wrote:
Padrig suggests, "I'm for the shortest route over land, as even in daylight those hobgoblins are still around."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 am

(008) The Blockade

coffee wrote:
"Yeah, but everybody keep a watch," Dieter says. "We don't want any surprises., especially while we're heavily laden."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:12 am

(008) The Blockade

tombowings wrote:
"While my eyes are only that of one man," begins Flewellen, "the magic at my fingertips strikes fear into the hearts of many. Lead on into the wild."

Return to “Hinterlands”