(007) The Measure of the Old Keep


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:56 am

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:Heledd protection is strong indeed today!


Perhaps Heledd's bold Knight of the Ivory Host will continue to enjoy His favour if she selfishly attends her own hurts while her allies' lives dangle by a gossamer thread... or perhaps not.

He graces only the irreproachable.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 am

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

Harry wrote:
Taines spits "Aye for the love of the gods I will make sure we trade well with that wee green knuckle head, or there will be more blood spilt". Taines give the "evil eye" to the remaining hobgoblins, laughing under his breathe, he unfurls his backpack taking out the rope within.

Kneeling in the back of the first gobby with much malice, he "hog" ties him, before repeating the process.

Making eye contact with each member, Taines gallantly announces "If anyone needs a rest then stay here, otherwise we canny waste anymore time waiting. Lets be off before or new friend is tanned by the heat of their coals"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:06 am

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

waysoftheearth wrote:
Taines curses in the Dwarfish fashion (extensively) when he reaslises he has left his rope in storage with the other supplies, down below in the dunjon.

However, both Ulric and Dieter are carrying 60ft of silk rope and Dieter in particular has no use for his, bordering on unconsciousness as he is.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

waysoftheearth wrote:
Party Health Check...

Incapacitated
Dieter has 0 of 7 hit-points

Injured
Crystin has 1 of 6 hit-points
Mads has 2 of 7 hit-points
Caine has 4 of 8 hit-points
Victor has 8 of 11 hit-points
Taines has 8 of 12 hit-points

Fit
Olaf has 6 of 6 hit-points
Ulric has 4 of 4 hit-points
Anwyn has 5 of 5 hit-points
Flewellen has 5 of 5 hit-points
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

danhem wrote:
[img]defaultavatar.png[/img][url]/post/51148/thread[/url]Jun 7, 2010 2:58:39 GMT -6 @jharris said:(Taines gallantly announces "If anyone needs a rest then stay here, otherwise we canny waste anymore time waiting. Lets be off before or new friend is tanned by the heat of their coals"

"I would advise against that my brave friend. We do not know how many more hobgoblins are out there. In this keep we at least have some protection. Out in the open we can be easily overwhelmed by arrows and numbers."

"Let us question our remaining prisoners first once they are secured and find out what we are up against. Then we can raise a flag of truce and see if they are open to parlay."

"Someone may want to go below and acquire the arrows that were left there. We might need them."

Ulric finishes administering to Dieter's wounds and tries to wake the warrior. He then helps Taines tie up the living hobgoblins using his rope as well if needed. Once this is done he slaps the smallest one awake.

OOC: I'm assuming that binding wounds will revive a character with 0 hit points. Apologies if I'm running ahead too fast. Let me know if I need to cut back on my actions WaysoftheEarth.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:19 am

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

Harry wrote:
"Aye I agree, but yer best hurry our new friend is in lots of trouble and we've not the time to wait around" Taines shuffles impatiently, giving the bound hobgoblins a "test drag" around the compound for good measure.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:43 am

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

waysoftheearth wrote:
Soon enough Taines has the Hobgoblins secured -- two in tandem with Ulric's silk rope, and the third individually with Dieter's silk rope. They mutter and curse their poor luck, gnashing their pointy teeth at "cruel Dwarfee" as he binds them, but shying away from Ulric and whimpering if ever he casts an eye over them.

Anwyn hails down from the tower, "The Captain is half way to the works, and beyond bow shot. It look like there are two dozen carpenters working yonder, and maybe another half dozen soldiers like these!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 am

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

waysoftheearth wrote:
Meanwhile Mads, Crystin and Caine rest themselves to recover from their various hurts, while Ulric pours a splash of fresh water over Dieter's face to rouse him and clear away the grime and dried blood. When he wakes, the wizard gives him a nip of strong bandy from his supplies, and continues to mop up his numerous cuts and grazes until finally Dieter is recovered enough to straighten himself out.

"Cruel Dwarfee" drags the hapless captives about the courtyard to much screeching and cursing.

(A turn passes. You are all now refreshed

Dieter (1d6=5) now has 5 of 7 hit-points
Crystin (1d6=3) now has 4 of 6 hit-points
Mads (1d6=4) now has 6 of 7 hit-points
Caine (1d6=3) now has 7 of 8 hit-points)

"The Captain has reached the works with his captive!" hails Anwyn from above. "They leap about like fleas!"

edit : rolled hp
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 pm

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

danhem wrote:
With Dieter back on his feet, Ulric turns his attention to the smallest of the captives.

"What are you doing here!?" he asks in as menacing a tone as he can muster. "What are your comrades doing on the road!? Speak or I will strip your worthless hide from your body with a single word!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:19 pm

(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

waysoftheearth wrote:
Taines kneels on the back of the smallest Hobgoblin captive -- a wiry fellow who would be nearer 5ft than 4ft if he stood straight. There is a lot of squawking and cussing at "Cruel Dwarfee", but the fellow quiets to a meek stream of muttering and mumbling as Ulric leans close and puts forth his questions.

"We does as Bolgog saysss," hisses the Hobgoblin in reply, "The Captain is fierssse, we doess as he sayssss and looksss for the missing Goblinssess, but we findssses only bodiesss. Yesss, bodiessss, and me thinksss you isss the killersss. Killerssss."

"And the younder works?" Ulric presses.

"They buildsss a blockadesses to taxxx the fat nasssty merchantssess. Yesss, we taxxesss them we doesss."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software