(007) The Measure of the Old Keep

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:18 pm

danhem wrote:
Ulric breathes a sigh of relief as all of the hobgoblins succumb to his incantation.

"Anwyn, can you keep watch up here? Give a shout if any more of those goblin start to approach the keep."

Ulric then hurries down the stairs to administer aid to Dieter who, from above, seemed grievously injured.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:33 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
"Of course I can," Anwyn smiles distantly, as if thinking on something far off -- or nothing at all...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:33 pm

eris wrote:
Olaf runs out into the courtyard, pauses just long enough to see that everyone except Mads is down, then quickly performs a coup de grace on each of the down Hobs. Then he will attempt to wake, and bind the wounds of Dieter and Crystal.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 pm

tombowings wrote:
Flewellen assumes the Hobgoblin's bark is worse than his bite. "If he was going to kill me, he would have done it already," he thinks to himself.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:58 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Olaf enters the courtyard to see only Mads and Taines on their feet -- the remainder of the party members, and five Hobgoblin fighters, are all soundly asleep exactly where they succumbed to Ulric's sorcery.

Drawing his sword and grimly turning it point-down hilt-up, Olaf approaches the first of the ensorcelled enemy and drives his blade down into the hapless warrior's neck, leaning on it heavily. The is a nasty, gurgling crunch as the Hobgoblin's piggy eyes pop wide open as he chokes off a ruined scream, and then his quivering limbs drop still.

Olaf pulls back his blade, loosing a splatter of black gore as he does so, and hardens his resolve to continue... four Hobgoblin fighters remain.

Meanwhile, Mads and Taines awaken Caine and Crystin respectively.

Ulric enters the courtyard and goes immediately to Dieter's side. The fighting-man is beaten and bruised about the head -- his helm dented in savagely on the left side surely saved his life. For now he is soundly unconscious.

"Ho the courtyard!" calls Anwyn from above, "The Captain escapes with a prisoner!" She indicates away southward, and then appears to put an arrow to her bow before vanishing from sight...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 am

tombowings wrote:
Flewellen feels grabbed, but has hope that the brave fighters from the keep will rescue him.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:00 am

danhem wrote:
Ulric removes Dieter's battered helm and does his best to bind his wounds.

"Hurry and finish off the rest of the goblins," he says to the others as he works on Dieter. "I'm not sure how long they will remain asleep. The captain has escaped and he's sure to bring more troops. We should prepare a better defense. Maybe set some fire traps with lamp oil at the breaches in the walls. Between that, my magic, and your bows we should be able to break any more direct assaults."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:22 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Another disquiet squeal marks Olaf plunging his bloody blade into another Hobgoblin throat. Three more enemy sleep on, unaware of their plight.

It occurs to you that if all the Hobgoblin fighters are slain, you will have nothing with which to ransom poor Flewellen... other than the three bulging sacks of loot.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:38 am

heartless wrote:
Krystin looks around in amazement, "Heledd protection is strong indeed today! We survived the fight but let€™s get ready to win the battle, if you wish to see tomorrow. I see Dieter, Mads, and I need healing before we can be useful again. But first I need to heal myself, than I can help the others." Krystin goes back in the doorway near the sacks of loot to find a quiet spot to sit down and rest to bind her wounds for a turn, to recover hit points.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:47 am

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:As another disquiet squeal marks Olaf plunging his bloody blade into another Hobgoblin throat. Three more sleep on, unaware of their plight.

It occurs to you that if all the Hobgoblin fighters are slain, you will have nothing with which to ransom poor Flewellen... other than the three bulging sacks of loot.
OOC: Yeah, I thought of that. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Olaf pauses in his bloody work and asks the others, "Say, do you think we should take some of these guys prisoner and see if we can ransom them to their fellows? Maybe for that man that was carried off or maybe for safe passage out of here back to town?"

Return to “Hinterlands”