(005) Return to the Fountain


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 25, 2010 8:45 am

(005) Return to the Fountain

heartless wrote:
In summary Crystin will leave her Iron Spikesx10/Oil flaskx1/Torchx3/Grappling hook/Spade/Rope from hole in the cell also.

"Does anyone know where Rodrick's temple is, is it close by? If not shall we bury him with honours? Then stop by a town before coming back here again"

OOC: Do we know how far away is the Knights of the Guardian Path's temple so to return the spell book and Rodrick's body?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 am

(005) Return to the Fountain

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very well, Crystin, you have left some additional gear behind.

(bunch of d6s) Ulric and Olaf both think that they recall seeing a couple of other Knights of the Guardian path in Ket, but neither knows from whence they came.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

(005) Return to the Fountain

waysoftheearth wrote:
Relieved of your physical burdens, you grimly discuss what should be done with poor Rodrick.

After some discussion, the fighting men among you are in agreement that burning a fallen warrior upon a pyre with his foe's arms at his feet would mark an honourable passing.

It is also customary to return a fallen warrior's helm (and possibly his sword if it is an heirloom) to his family or Order as evidence of his demise.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 am

(005) Return to the Fountain

waysoftheearth wrote:
After leaving all that gear behind, you can spread the loot between you as follows and still make good time (albeit with several pairs of hands full);

  • Dieter and Anwyn (the Elf maiden is unbelievably strong for her size!) can each manage one of the heavy sacks of copper.
  • Mads holds onto the heavy belt.
  • Taines puts the other trinkets into his pack.
  • Victor takes Rodrick's pack full of mixed coins.
  • Olaf puts the remaining 267cp and the 14 gems into his pack.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 25, 2010 6:10 pm

(005) Return to the Fountain

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Very well, Crystin, you have left some additional gear behind.

Olaf says, "I think I saw some other Knights of Rodrick's order in Ket, but I don't know where their nearest temple is located. I guess you can give the book to them.

Olaf touches the helm his is wearing and adds, "I might see if they can return Rodrick's helm to his family as well."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 25, 2010 6:11 pm

(005) Return to the Fountain

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Relieved of your physical burdens, you grimly discuss what should be done with poor Rodrick.

After some discussion, the fighting men among you are in agreement that burning a fallen warrior upon a pyre with his foe's arms at his feet would mark an honourable passing.

It is also customary to return a fallen warrior's helm (and possibly his sword if it is an heirloom) to his family or Order as evidence of his demise.

OOC: Hey! I thought of returning the helm without reading ahead! [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 26, 2010 7:01 am

(005) Return to the Fountain

heartless wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:(bunch of d6s) Ulric and Olaf both think that they recall seeing a couple of other Knights of the Guardian path in Ket, but neither knows from whence they came.


Crystin speaks, "Lets give Rodrick an honourable funeral upon a burning pyre, then head back to Kent and I will find a Knight from Rodrick's order to return his book".

"Let us also return Rodrick's Coin purse to his family with the helm, for they will need it more than us. Olaf can you look after Rodrick's Coin purse."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 26, 2010 1:03 pm

(005) Return to the Fountain

waysoftheearth wrote:
Crystin hands Rodrick's purse to Olaf. It is a poor thing indeed, having but 4 pieces of silver and 5 of copper.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 26, 2010 1:22 pm

(005) Return to the Fountain

waysoftheearth wrote:
So it is agreed that a pyre should be built for Rodrick.

That decision out of the way, you are about to set yourselves down for a quite bite to eat for lunch when Anwyn suddenly asks "Do you hear that?".

You quickly hush and listen for whatever may have alerted her... but you can't hear anything but the low whine of the wind outside.

"What?" snorts Victor after a moment.

"I thought I heard something outside..." says Anwyn slowly, still listening...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 26, 2010 2:37 pm

(005) Return to the Fountain

makofan wrote:
"Always listen to an elf" murmurs Caine. He gets softly to his feet and goes to check outside.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software