(004) The Dunjon Door


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 11:20 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
"Sounds like a safe bet," Rodrick says in agreement. "Let's go and get the others."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 11:56 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

heartless wrote:
eris wrote:
tombowings wrote:
"In fact, I'd close and bar *all* of these cells before we more on." Olaf says looking around, "Except maybe the one with the hole in the floor. Maybe leave it open and a knotted rope hanging there as a 'back door' escape route if we get down to that level, need to retreat, and that way is the only open route out."

"Other than that, I say we go back to the room where the fountain was found and begin to explore down the corridors that branch off from it."


"I Agree" states Crystin. After her healing rest she will leave her rope hanging agreeing with a few knots, and suggesting also doubled up with two-ply for strength and secured to the bar or pike or something.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 16, 2010 12:48 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
Victor grunts his agreement with Olaf's plan in typical uncharismatic fasion, and Anwyn smirks and giggles Elvishly, seeming non-plussed one way or the other.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 16, 2010 12:54 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
Meanwhile, Crystin completes her meditations, but the cold, dark underworld is not a place in which Heledd's grace is over strong, and she is but briefly touched by His healing. Upon drinking from her flask of pure spring water and opening her eyes, Crystin has (1d6=2) 4 of 6 hit points.

(There are five sups of pure water remaining).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 16, 2010 1:15 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
Olaf takes an iron spike from his pack, and then hammers it into the gap between the last cell door and its sill (being watchful of the peep-trap all the while) with the hilt of his short-sword -- for he has no more suitable tool. It is a rather awkward and uncomfortably noisy job, but delivers a passable result.

Mads and Crystin close the remaining two cell doors. Crystin bars her cell once more, but Mads sees there is no bar for the final door. That one was missing even when the party first explored this passage the previous evening.

Meanwhile Victor and Taines review their earlier work with Crystin's rope, raising it up and tying a series of knots into it every few feet along its length. This shortens its reach considerably, but they judge it still long enough to reach the ground some 30ft below (it now being pitch dark down there). Both doughty heroes realise that it would take a near magical effort for an armoured, fully equipped Man to scale such a rope unaided...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 16, 2010 6:16 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

coffee wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:( Both doughty heroes realise that it would take a near magical effort for an armoured, fully equipped Man to scale such a rope unaided...


OOC: Depends on how scared he is!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 16, 2010 7:19 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
coffee wrote:OOC: Depends on how scared he is!


Mmm, "near magical" was, perhaps, over stating it. If it happens I will probably roll a d6 against strength and encumbrance. So Dieter shouldn't have too much trouble, but Ulric and Caine are not nearly so strong!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 16, 2010 10:43 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
"Why don't we go meet back up the other?" Rodrick says.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 16, 2010 11:07 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
The whole party is together in the passage way, ready to return to the fountain chamber.

The outstanding question is whether or not to attempt to bar the last (top left) cell door somehow. There are four cells, but only three timber bars.

The obvious option is to use the bar which is presently wedging the (bottom right) cell door open which provides access to below. Then you will need an alternate means of keeping that (bottom right) door ajar.

The situation is thus;


  Code:
.............Undead
................?
..............#..#
..............#..#........Unbarred. .#####..Barred Cell
..............#..#..........Cell.-->.#...#..with Undead?
..............#..#...................#...#....
.............##..#####################(.)###(=)#######
. Closed --> ()..................M.R.K.O.D.U.T.C.V.A.. --> Back toward stair,
.. door .....##..#####################(=)###(.)####### and surface
..............#..#...................#...#.#...#
..............#..#.......Barred -->..#...#.#..@# <-- Hole to below...
..............#..#........Cell. .....#####.#####
................?
............Fountain


K = Crystin
C = Caine
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon May 17, 2010 6:25 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
"What are we waiting for, are we off to the fountain or not?" Rodrick asks.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software