(004) The Dunjon Door


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 14, 2010 6:59 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

heartless wrote:
Crystin says to the party, "I'm not much good to fight until I rest a bit. Give me a few minutes and I will be able to aid the cause with my mace in hand to vanish the evil lurking in this place."
"Once I rest is there anyone else I can aid with my healing arts?", she asks.

Crystin will put her rope away rest in another empty cell (without bones the one next door I believe) a turn and bind her wounds and try to regain more hit points. Then if she is not yet full on 6 will cast The Supplication of Medicant Requite on herself and then on anyone else who asks, as a ability allows.

She will then leave her winter blanket behind so to be unencumbered, and leave with the party to explore.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

eris wrote:
danhem wrote:Ulric bows his head as Roderick completes his rites on the ancient corpse.

"Not much else to do here," he says once Roderick is finished. "Let's check the last cell.

Ulric moves to the last barred door and once again checks the peep hole. He then keeps his lantern ready and waits for the warriors to remove the bar and open the door.

"Once we clear this cell, I say we go back to the fountain room and investigate the surrounding corridors. Let's leave that last door at the end of this hall secured for now."

"I agree with each of your suggestions." Olaf says as he and Dieter remove the bar from the last sealed cell.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 14, 2010 7:36 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

eris wrote:
Olaf consults the time by listening to his stomach. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

OOC: I don't have a good handle on how much time has passed during our current adventure. I think is would still be morning, but I don't know. If it's getting late in the day, it might be a good idea to retire to our second story campsite for food, rest and recovery before continuing. Of course, if I'm right about it still being early in the day, then let's go explore some more.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 14, 2010 9:11 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
Rodrick continues to hold the torch while the others deal with the door.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 12:45 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
  Code:
.............Undead
................?
..............#..#
..............#..#.........Empty.....#####.
..............#..#..........Cell.-->.#...#.
..............#..#...................#...#...?
.............##..#####################(.)###(=)#######
. Closed --> ().....................M....R..ODU.V.A.. --> Back toward stair,
.. door .....##..#####################(.)###(.)####### and surface
..............#..#...................#.K.#.#TC.#
..............#..#........Empty -->..#...#.#..@# <-- Hole to below...
..............#..#.........Cell......#####.#####
................?
............Fountain


K = Crystin
C = Caine

Crystin secures herself in an empty cell, then kneels and closes her eyes. In the dark silence she begins to chant and low, sweet mantra in the Elvish tongue, seeking serenity and the grace of Heledd...

(Ordinary rest and recovery is only effective immediately after injury, and cannot be interrupted by other activity. Therefore divine supplication is Crystin's only recourse -- short of a full night's rest. The Supplication of Medicant Requite takes a full turn (10 minutes) to invoke...)

...meanwhile Mads and Anwyn post guard in the passageway while Ulric, Deiter and Olaf move to the last cell.

Ulric raises the peep-trap and prepares to look in (1d6) but pulls back just in time to avoid a long, cadavrous arm that springs from the trap and narrowly misses grasing him by the face!

Before either Olaf or Dieter can change course from raising the bar to readying their blades, the arm has withdraw once more.

(The door remains barred for now...)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 1:17 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:Olaf consults the time by listening to his stomach.


Though it is impossible to tell in the gloom, Olaf's stomach has it about morning-tea time. Other stomachs are in general agreement.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 3:39 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

danhem wrote:
Ulric lets loose a string of curses as he recovers from the shock.

"Another of those vile creatures. I say we leave it in there. Unless someone wants to volunteer to go in after it?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 5:21 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
"Anyone got any ideas?" Rodrick asks.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 7:29 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

eris wrote:
tombowings wrote:"Anyone got any ideas?" Rodrick asks.

"I'm with Ulric!" Olaf states, "Close the peephole, leave the crossbar in place and spike the door shut, and let's move on. That's my suggestion on how to deal with that abomination."

"In fact, I'd close and bar *all* of these cells before we more on." Olaf says looking around, "Except maybe the one with the hole in the floor. Maybe leave it open and a knotted rope hanging there as a 'back door' escape route if we get down to that level, need to retreat, and that way is the only open route out."

"Other than that, I say we go back to the room where the fountain was found and begin to explore down the corridors that branch off from it."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 15, 2010 10:49 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

coffee wrote:
"Olaf is right!" Dieter declares. "I stand alongside him. Who else?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software