The Deep in the Hinterlands PBP - Requests to Join

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:03 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
I'm canvassing for interest in another PBP OD&D game to be run either on rpol.net or here subject to player sentiment (and Fin's approval if here).

The Deep in the Hinterlands is something of a tribute to E. G. Gygax's 1980 classic B2 Adventure Module The Keep on the Borderlands. It is a mini campaign setting of mine involving interlinked elements of town, wilderness and dungeon adventures.

Here's a leading introduction :

The hinterlands beyond Ket are known to be riddled with the ruins of a bygone age. While the nearest and best known vaults have been long since been pillaged, merchants and fighting-men yet curse the undiscovered dungeons that harbor the brigands, Goblins and other monsters that infest the surrounds. If something isn't done, they complain, trade routes across the hinterlands may have to be closed altogether.

Despite the ever-present danger, the ruins have attracted a steady trickle of scholars and adventurers to Ket, whose activities continue to stir a growing sense of anticipation. With each new tale of adventure, and each new treasure unearthed, the township's noteriety and wealth grows. Nowadays Ket is a bustling center, awash with merchants, mercenaries and petty Lords, all attempting to stake out a share of the enviable opportunities that fate may cast up...

As with many OD&D games, I plan to use a liberal splash house rules which I will make public as the need arises. In general, the rules will take a backseat and the game will be front and center.

To make the game enjoyable for all, I'm hoping to get a decent sized group of PCs together. Eight would be a nice number -- more if there is enough interest [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

If it goes ahead, I'm planning to keep the game rolling along briskly. To facilitate this I will do all the die rolling and mechanical stuff behind the scenes, but I intend to tell players when I'm rolling and to show the die results so that players can make informed decisions.

Ideally I willl be able to make a start in early April, and be able to make referee posts daily or there abouts -- we will see how it goes.

If folks are interested in this one, let me know and I'll see what can be arranged.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Finarvyn wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:I'm canvassing for interest in another PBP OD&D game to be run either on rpol.net or here subject to player sentiment (and Fin's approval if here).
I'd approve it here, if you get enough players to make it a "go". [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Garolek Dolgarukii wrote:
Count me in as an interested player, especially if it happens here!

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:36 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Thanks for your interest Garolek, that makes three so far. Still looking for a few more...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 am

coffee wrote:
I could give it a shot.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:53 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Thanks Coffee [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img] That makes five possible takers so far across various sites... we almost have a game!

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:06 pm

verhaden wrote:
I'd be up for it.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 pm

billhooks wrote:
I'm willing to give it a shot as well.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:22 pm

makofan wrote:
Roll me a character

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 pm

eris wrote:
I've never had the opportunity to play B2, so I'd *love* to join your game!!

Return to “Retired Threads”