Sully's First Delve


Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon May 25, 2015 1:09 am

Re: Sully's First Delve

Muhali climbs down. When Brebert shows his face, Muhali tells him that they he and Aolis are going to explore the immediate area but he feels it too dangerous to spend much time there. He tells Brebert to tug three times on the rope, wait for Gret to pull him back up, explain the situation to Gret, then come back down and linger on the end of the rope. That way, he's there if Aolis and Muhali need him.

Muhali instructs Aolis to search the ogre's body quickly. Muhali himself looks around the room for any valuables.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1317

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon May 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Brebert leaves to climb back up the rope (I figure this will take a full turn)

LIGHT SITUATION
The light from the room is from the burning fire under the kettle, which gives plenty of room. The torch that was thrown down the chute is floating, quenched, in the kettle. The lantern is lying on its side on the floor. Muhali has an unlit torch with him.

The ogre has no valuables, but in the ogre's bedding, Muhali finds a sack of gold pieces.

The south door opens, and a man armored in mail, and armed with a mace, says "Shrenk, are you eating people again?" he stops when he sees Shrenk lying on the ground, and the two of you.
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Muhali stands confident and firm, replying, What sort of Man are you, that would consort with a flesh-eating ogre? Best keep your distance, lest I loose my elven assassin on you the way I did on Shrenk.


What are the chances that Muhali could get under the kettle and overturn it on this Man, even if it burned him in the process?
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1317

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon May 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

What are the chances that Muhali could get under the kettle and overturn it on this Man, even if it burned him in the process?
[/quote]

Pretty good. I'd make you take 1d6 fire damage in the process. But it may not be necessary...


The man says "I'm outta here!" and slams the door
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 am

Re: Sully's First Delve

Muhali moves closer to Aolis and quietly says, It's time for us to leave here. This level is not safe. Head up the rope now and tell Brebert to turn around when you see him. I will follow as soon as I can. Be sure to retrieve your lantern before you go.

Muhali makes sure the south door is closed, then stands on the opposite side of the room behind the kettle. He waits until Aolis is up the rope and gone from sight, then climbs up himself. Once he gets up about 15', he will pull up the end of the rope and wrap it around his shoulder and arm so it doesn't hang below into the room.

If anyone comes through the south door, Muhali will immediately dump the kettle in that direction.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1317

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2015 1:42 am

Re: Sully's First Delve

sully wrote:Muhali moves closer to Aolis and quietly says, It's time for us to leave here. This level is not safe. Head up the rope now and tell Brebert to turn around when you see him. I will follow as soon as I can. Be sure to retrieve your lantern before you go.

Muhali makes sure the south door is closed, then stands on the opposite side of the room behind the kettle. He waits until Aolis is up the rope and gone from sight, then climbs up himself. Once he gets up about 15', he will pull up the end of the rope and wrap it around his shoulder and arm so it doesn't hang below into the room.

If anyone comes through the south door, Muhali will immediately dump the kettle in that direction.


How about the sack of gold?
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2015 2:19 am

Re: Sully's First Delve

Aolis will take the sack of gold.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1317

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

The party successfully makes it back up top, and is in one piece.

I have Gret with a lit torch and Aolis with a lit lantern (I assume she refills it)
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Muhali and crew exit the dungeon. Once back safe at "home", they count up and divide the coins, get a good night's sleep and, most importantly, recharge Aolis' Sleep spell.


Gret extinguishes his torch so we can salvage some of it for next time.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1317

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

MONSTER XP
1 ogre @ 400 xp = 400 xp

400/5 = 80
Muhali gets 160, others get 80 each

TREASUE
200 gp (sack - from Ogre)

How do you want to divide the 200 gold?
PreviousNext

Return to Sully's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software