Delve the 10th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Mapping note: my map images are no longer showing up in the map thread, but you can see the 3rd-level by following this link: https://acodispo.net/files/gorthaur3.png. I took a stab at the current room (lower right corner).

Wiglaff is in favour of trying to destroy the gargoyle.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by kipper » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:45 pm

"Who cursed you?" Maloof asks Rhodan.

Maloof agrees with Wiglaff. Our three dedicated Fighters all have magic weapons, so I think we could handle the gargoyle. Especially since there is a treasure chest, so it won't be fruitless.

(One scorpion shouldn't pose much of a threat, but if that room truly is a dead end then we're risking death by poison for nothing. There could be a secret door, but even if there is one there is no guarantee we could find it.)
(The large room to the north seems like a hub going to the lairs of various different groups. If we could somehow play them off against each other that would help us out, but that would require much more investigation first.)

Post by Makofan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:17 pm

acodispo wrote:Mapping note: my map images are no longer showing up in the map thread, but you can see the 3rd-level by following this link: https://acodispo.net/files/gorthaur3.png. I took a stab at the current room (lower right corner).

Wiglaff is in favour of trying to destroy the gargoyle.
They show up for me :)

One change to the map. The elevator is actually in the room. Move the entire north wall 10' closer (shrink the room by 10')

Post by Makofan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:19 pm

kipper wrote:"Who cursed you?" Maloof asks Rhodan.

Maloof agrees with Wiglaff. Our three dedicated Fighters all have magic weapons, so I think we could handle the gargoyle. Especially since there is a treasure chest, so it won't be fruitless.

(One scorpion shouldn't pose much of a threat, but if that room truly is a dead end then we're risking death by poison for nothing. There could be a secret door, but even if there is one there is no guarantee we could find it.)
(The large room to the north seems like a hub going to the lairs of various different groups. If we could somehow play them off against each other that would help us out, but that would require much more investigation first.)
"Gorthaur the XIII. Under the power of the curse, I do not need to eat or drink, and I do not age."

Post by SneakeyPete » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Grampus asks, "Is this Gorthaur XIII alive and on this level?" "

Post by Makofan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:14 pm

So the (very thin and lame) back story is that a mage named Gorthaur was cursed by a powerful demon. He, and his descendants, were forced to dig and inhabit with creatures a dungeon to trap the wicked within, and lure adventurers. Each generation was to build another level, and when the fourteenth generation had built and stocked a level, the curse would be lifted. 13 levels have been designed, and the 14th mage, Gorthaur the XIV has hired you to navigate down to level 13, so that he can then start building level 14

So Gorthaur XIII was the current Gorthaur's father

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:35 am

Franklin votes to destroy the gargoyle.

"Sir Rhodan, let's go find lots of treasure and see about lifting that curse."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by SneakeyPete » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Grampus indicates that he is also up for dealing with the Gargoyle.

Post by merias » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Gargoyle is fine with Aldbane.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by coffee » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:41 am

"Yeah, bring him along!" Rhod says. "He and I can go together, in the front rank!"
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”