Delve the 8th


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 111

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Grampus says,”I never much cared for Griffins except in a stew! Let’s get these birds ready for plucking!” He draws his magic sword and prepares to lop off a sword bearing taloned foot of the right most bird while guarding with shield from the other foot and beak.
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:42 am

Re: Delve the 8th

| DM: I will rule there will be two rounds of combat before those in the pit are ready to help out.
Grampus, Ori, Nori and Dori attack
Wodan hold back with Llewellyn to guard the porters and torch bearers |


Grampus' hatred of birdmen is fruitful, as he rushes forward and lops off both heads before anybody can react!

MECHANICS
Initiative: Party 2 Monsters 1

Grampus @ monster1 rolls 14, 19 and 17, with +1 sword hits 3 times for 3, 7 and 7 damage and kilsl both
User avatar

Posts: 898

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Once we've gathered all the treasure (including rings) let's head to the surface.

"Well done, friend Grampus! A valiant deed, these bird fellows never stood a chance!" says Wiglaff as he climbs out of the pit & surveys the carnage.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 111

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Grampus polishes his blade before putting it away. He checks the Griffin swords to see if they are of any use and asks a magic user to see if they have any hidden qualities.
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:41 am

Re: Delve the 8th

There is nothing to indicate they may be anything special

Does everybody agree to go back to the surface and cash in?
User avatar

Posts: 771

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Yes! Back to the surface, per the plan.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 269

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Yes, let's head back. Maloof will cast Detect Magic and check the bird-men's gear just to be sure we're not leaving anything valuable behind. He'll also check those rings we just found while he's at it, and the wooden case with the figurines.

Posts: 111

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 am

Re: Delve the 8th

Grampus is also in favour of surfacing.
User avatar

Posts: 627

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Aldbane agrees with going back to the surface.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

You successfully retreat out of the dungeon unchallenged. In two days, everybody will be ready to go again
Previous

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software