Delve the 7th


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1573

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

The group rapidly reforms from the surprise attack, and acts in concert. Aldbane and Philippe grab Ori and drag him out. The Staff of Healing cures his wound, but not the paralysis. Dori panics as five spots now appear on the face, like the five spots on a die, and turns to run. The slings of Maloof and Franklin shatter on the ceiling as they aim too high, and then the fighters swarm the cube. Surrounded, on all sounds, it falls to the swords of the party. To their horror, as the cube collapses, beyond it, they see another one!

MECHANICS
Cube Revolves: <1d6>=5
Initiative: Party 6, Dice 5
Morale check: Dori flees, Ivar and Sigmund go berserk

MISSILE FIRE
Maloof, rolls 8, +2(range) -2 (cover) misses
Franklin, rolls 4, +3 (halfling) +1 (dex) +2 (range), -2(cover) misses

MELEE
Fred, 17, hits for 4 damage
Rhod, 4, misses
Nadia, 20, hits for 6 damage
Grampus, 16, hits for 4+1=5 damage
Wiglaff, 5, miss
Ivar, 15, hits for 3 damage
Sigmund, 9 hits because berserk for 3 damage

The cube is dead
User avatar

Posts: 935

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:03 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

How far away is it? Can we get in a round of missile fire before it closes?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1573

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:45 am

Re: Delve the 7th

It is 10 feet away - it seems these dice come in pairs
User avatar

Posts: 935

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:52 am

Re: Delve the 7th

"Wodan! Attack!" shouts Wiglaff. He swings his axe at the 2nd cube.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 784

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Fight on!
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 635

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Aldbane, seeing the others have things well in hand, stands by in case he is needed again.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Maloof launches another shot from his sling at the second cube.
User avatar

Posts: 1573

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

The cube tumbles forward, 3 spots appearing on its face. Pseudopods lash out at Ivar, Sigmund and Grampus, but all miss, as Grampus narrowly averts catastrophe with a well placed shield. This cube then falls victim to a mad attack. The corridor seems empty now

Fred slashes through the remaining goo with his sword, disgustedly. "No treasure, dammit. I need some CASH!"

MECHANICS
Cube Revolves: <1d6>=3
Initiative: Party 2, Dice 3

CUBE ATTACKS 3 RANDOM VICTIMS
Cube at Ivar, rolls 10 - miss
Cube at Sigmund, rolls 2 - miss
Cube at Grampus, rolls 15 - miss

MISSILE FIRE
Maloof, rolls 8, +2(range) -2 (cover) misses
Franklin, rolls 9, +3 (halfling) +1 (dex) +2 (range), -2(cover), hits for 6 damage

MELEE
Fred, 10, hits for 4 damage
Rhod, 20, hits for 6 damage
Nadia, 11, hits for 4 damage
Grampus, 1, miss
Wiglaff, 8, miss
Ivar, 20, hits for 6 damage
Sigmund, 11, hits for 4 damage
Wodan, 13, hits for 2 damage

The cube is dead
User avatar

Posts: 935

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:31 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Assuming all are back on their feet, and Dori can be coaxed back into formation, let's continue with the plan to head west (through the door then south from there).

"Perhaps the undead to the west of us are guarding some tomb goods, Fred."

I think we stashed Catweazle's corpse (and I assume, belongings) somewhere on Level 2, but I may be misremembering.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1573

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:09 am

Re: Delve the 7th

I don't think we ever had a final answer on Catweazle
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software