Delve the 7th


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

I think most of the party is inside the room, not sure if all of them are. The door to this room opens out onto the corridor
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:50 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Franklin is inside the room. He holds back his dog and readies his sling. If he gets a clear shot without risk of friendly fire, then he will shoot a sling stone at the ape.
Last edited by mushgnome on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 576

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:06 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Aldbane would have been in the room as well, he moves in to block and attack the ape with the others.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 774

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Assuming the party is fully inside the room: Wiglaff allows a barrage of missiles, then pulls the door shut.

Once this is done, he & Wodan stand to the two sides of the door, ready to attack from the sides when the ape enters the room.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 709

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Rhod will move toward the middle of the room, so as to not block missile fire and also to act as bait to draw the ape through the doorway. When melee is joined, he'll fight it from the front so his allies can surround it.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 199

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

If Maloof is out in the hallway, he hustles into the room.
If Maloof is safely inside the room, and has the opportunity, he will hurl a sling-stone at the ape.
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Franklin and Maloof both hurl slings at the monster. Maloof misses, but Franklin's bounces off a shoulder, to what looks like little effect. Wiglaff then closes the door, a measure that is probably temporary at best

DM: right now I have Aldbane ready to take on the ape, with Wotan at either side. There also seems to be a suggestion from Rhod to back more into the middle of the room, let the ape break in and charge, then surround him

If I can have a hashed out plan, that would be awesome

Franklin @ape, rolls 8, hits for <1d6>=2 damage
Maloof @ape, rolls 8, miss
User avatar

Posts: 774

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

I think something like:

M-Us & Halflings withdraw toward the west exit.

Rhod & Grampus in the middle of the room antagonizing the creature when it enters.

Everybody else arrayed to either side of the east door.

If we can sneak in a missile barrage when it enters (from those not preparing from melee), that'd be great.

But in any case, Rhod & Grampus draw it far enough into the room so that everyone else can swarm in & surround it.

Sound good?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 199

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Sounds good to me, Maloof will let fly with another sling stone as soon as the door is opened again.
User avatar

Posts: 576

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Aldbane agrees.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software