Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 510

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Is it just the corridor north of the two branching passages that has the plate? or the whole corridor north of our current position?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1040

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

SneakeyPete wrote:Grampus asks, "Is anyone interested in trying to pry up the metal plate and seeing what may be under it?"


Franklins says, "Mr. Grampus, that sounds like a very noisy plan. I'd better keep watch in case anything hears us and approaches from the north." (And then he does exactly that.)
User avatar

Posts: 126

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Vesh keeps an eye & ear open for anything that might be drawn by moving the metal plate.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
User avatar

Posts: 1092

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:23 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

acodispo wrote:Is it just the corridor north of the two branching passages that has the plate? or the whole corridor north of our current position?


whole corridor

Posts: 44

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:26 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus takes his battle axe and pries up a corner of a plate and motions for Nori and Ori and others to get a grip and help haul the plate to one side.
User avatar

Posts: 128

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Maloof also stays on guard for any monsters who may be attracted to the noise.
User avatar

Posts: 1092

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

SneakeyPete wrote:Grampus takes his battle axe and pries up a corner of a plate and motions for Nori and Ori and others to get a grip and help haul the plate to one side.


Whatever adhesive holds it to the wall is strong, but Grampus does manage to prise up a thin corner of steel. Behind it is normal dungeon brick.

Posts: 44

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:17 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus is disappointed that the plate appears to cover nothing of interest but glad to have checked and is ready to move on down the corridor.
User avatar

Posts: 510

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"I am deeply distrustful of this plate," whispers Wiglaff.

How reflective is it?
Is it possible to see whether the plate also branches off into either of the branching corridors?

Wiglaff gives the plate a tap with the butt of his battle-axe handle, listening for any usual vibrations.
Then he borrows a torch from Edgar and holds the flame up to the plate to see if it reacts to heat.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1092

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

acodispo wrote:"I am deeply distrustful of this plate," whispers Wiglaff.

How reflective is it?
Is it possible to see whether the plate also branches off into either of the branching corridors?

Wiglaff gives the plate a tap with the butt of his battle-axe handle, listening for any usual vibrations.
Then he borrows a torch from Edgar and holds the flame up to the plate to see if it reacts to heat.


It is not mirror-bright, but reasonably reflective. It appears the plate is around the branching corridors also. The vibrations are normal. The metal heats very slowly
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software