Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1199

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

It is solid

(I guess I am asking if Franklin in his leather armor wants to be right beside the plate-armored Wiglaff if the creature on the other side is hostile)
User avatar

Posts: 1135

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Having failed to find any traps or secret doors, Franklin steps aside to let an armored fighter take his place.
User avatar

Posts: 124

Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

mushgnome wrote:"Hi Catweazle, I am Franklin," says the little halfling. "Um, this door seems really scary! I don't like those sounds. I'm not going first."

"Ha! Puff! Tche! I wouldst have been here sooner, but these lunks clunk so slowly in their iron gowns and pothelms! Still, not a moment to late, eh? Eh?! Franklin, Frankilinn, tsk, halflings, you say? You remind me of young owlface, yes, yes, you do. Now, yon peckings sound like an unseemly large chicken or a cockatrice - in either case, 'ware lest it pokes your knees! Or a more delicate spot for dear master Grumpus."

Catweazle takes up his usual post between his trusty and long-suffering armoured footmen, Sigurd and Ivar, and prepares his colour spray in readiness to cast and step back behind their spears. The trio is positioned to get him a clear shot at the door without too much risk of catching the rest of the party (though he does have slightly shaky hands).

Could I trouble you to point out where we are on the map?
User avatar

Posts: 1199

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

As you are investigating, something was touched that makes a section of wall retreat up into the ceiling, revealing a 2short corridor that leads into a 20' wide ax 30' tall room. Your attention is focused on a 4' long lizard with bat wings, and a rooster head and tail, with madness in its eyes. It rushes at the party, but they have initiative~


INITIATIVE
Party 4 Monster 2
Party wins
User avatar

Posts: 1135

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:35 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Franklin is well clear of the melee, but if he can fire his sling without hitting his friends, he will take the shot. He definitely doesn't get in Catweazle's way!

Posts: 64

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus readies his sword and urges those in the back who can wield a bow to send arrows into the beast. When it is within range hie will thrust his sword into it's chest after Catweasel's spray is done. He will use his shield to fend off the bat wings and the beak if the sword thrust is prudent after the Catweasel spray.
User avatar

Posts: 535

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Aldbane smacks the creature with his hammer as soon as it is within range.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 616

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Don't let it touch you!" shouts Wiglaff.

Wiglaff makes a judgement call:

If he can leap far enough out of range to let the bowmen & color spray have a clear shot, he will.

Otherwise, he hews at the creature with his axe, hoping to end its life quickly.
Please do fire off the color spray regardless, Wiglaff doesn't mind being dazzled into unconsciousness if it means he doesn't get petrified. :(
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 682

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

If the thing comes out of the opening, Rhod will take a swing at it. If not, he'll let missiles and magic take care of it.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 160

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Vesh prepares a dagger to throw and will then revert to his staff if a threat closes with him. He still has his Sleep spell if needed.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software