Page 47 of 64

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:28 pm
by Makofan
mushgnome wrote:Grampus warns his friends, "This might get loud so you better keep watch." The four dwarves work with efficient teamwork to jam the coin slots with iron spikes. Grampus jams an arrowhead into the seventh slot and breaks off the shaft. "It's better than nothing." If he can think of a way to destroy or disable the lever, he will do that too. Perhaps a well aimed blow from his hammer is all it would take.


The dwarves set to work and bend the lever out of any recognizable shape. You are pretty sure the generator is jammed

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm
by Makofan
bummer. you could have had an unlimited number of fanatical goblin followers - would have been interesting

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:21 pm
by mushgnome
"This corner of the dungeon should be safer for us now," says Grampus. "I vote we backtrack and try the unexplored doors that we passed by."
Grampus would not have been racially okay with goblin followers. He did however toy with the idea of killing wave after wave of goblins as they spawn, for infinite experience points. But in the end, probably best just to disable the thing. It could just as easily be used against us.

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:49 pm
by Makofan
That's what I figured. You are roleplaying that dwarves would not deal with goblins

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:37 am
by Ebon Hearted Soul
Vesh reclaims his torch from the sconce he placed it in & move to join Wiglaff and the others as we continue exploring.

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm
by acodispo
Wiglaff closes the north door & rejoins the party.

"I agree with friend Grampus, here, and suggest we try the door directly to the east of us."

If all are in agreement, then the route is: take the east door out of the room, & move east fifty feet to the door at the end of the other arm of the T.
MARCHING ORDER
Rhod Grampus
Wiglaff Nori
Aldbane Maloof
Golgildir Georges*
Francis * Kythaela
Serech Edgar*
Ori Dori

:?: Vesh

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:40 pm
by mushgnome
The dwarves fall back into marching order. Grampus leads the way 50' east to the door. Heeding Vesh's previous warning, he checks for traps or unusual stonework. He would also notice if the door appears locked or barred.

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 am
by Makofan
You hear what sounds like the clanging of blades, and children cheering, behind the door

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:01 pm
by mushgnome
Grampus whispers to his friends, "If there are innocent children, try not to hurt them." Then he opens the door.

Re: Delve the Fourth

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm
by Makofan
You see a large triangular room, maybe 50 ' on the sides. Two kobolds armed with daggers are fighting to the death, with a crowd of six others cheering them on. The two kobolds are larger than usual. They are fighting before an altar flanked by statues of Aphrodite and Hephaestus. The eyes of the statues flash alternately blue and green.

The kobolds do not notice you open the door