Delve the Fourth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: Delve the Fourtth

mushgnome wrote:"Dori, Nori, Ori, help me check the stonework," asks Grampus. The dwarves will fan out and sweep the room one square at a time for pit traps, collapsing ceilings, shifting walls, animated statues, or other unusual features.
The four dwarves spread out and start to search. Nori notices a seam in the SE corner, east wall. He is just about to announce it when Maloof prods the red star. A 2-foot square section of wall slides aside. There is a chamber of some sort on the other side

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:41 am

"Well now, this is interesting," remarks Golgildir to no-one in particular as he absently drops his handful of dust. "Georges, bring that torch nearer!" he instructs so that we might see within...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Makofan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:20 pm

You see a small circular room, a large pile of coins, and the hilt of a sword emerging from the pile. It looks like the ceiling in the room is normal height. You would have to crawl through a one-foot long tunnel to get in (the part revealed by the sliding rock)

Post by coffee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 pm

"The problem, you see," says Rhod,"is that something simply well hidden tends to look a lot like something trapped. I want what's in there, but I'm afraid to try to get it.

"However, if we have no other volunteer, I'll go in."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by kipper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 pm

"I will do it, God will protect me!" Maloof volunteers. "Hand me your lantern," he says to Golgildir.

He crouches down, and (assuming Golgildir complies) pushes the lantern ahead of him into the room using Kythaela's staff. He then proceeds through the short tunnel.

Post by Makofan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Maloof encounters no danger, and can stand up in the 20' circular chamber. He sees a large pile of copper pieces, thousands of them, and a sword sticking out of the pile

Post by mushgnome » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 am

"Good job, Nori," says Grampus. "Boys, fill your treasure sacks with these coins."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by kipper » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:17 pm

"Copper, I had hoped for better." Maloof comments to himself. Staff still in hand, he pokes around in the pile looking for something more valuable.

Post by Makofan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:24 pm

For your edification, 100 copper pieces is equal to 1 gold piece. A sack can hold 600 coins, and weighs 30 pounds when full
There are approximately 10,000 copper pieces here. How many do you want?

Among the copper pieces you find a small vial of effervescent blue liquid, 3 small lapis lazuli gems, and a gleaming sword with a black pommel

Post by mushgnome » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:36 am

OOC: So... 10,000cp = 100gp = 500lbs??

Once the sword, gems, and potion are recovered and distributed (and he'd greedily lay claim to any of the above), Grampus and company search for a mechanism to shut the secret door. "We'll cache the copper pieces here. If we fail to fill our treasure sacks with more valuable silver or gold, we'll collect this hoard on our trip home. Grab a couple handfuls of coins, boys, as souvenirs to celebrate your first big score!" He waits until all party members have crawled out of the treasure niche, then prods the red star in an attempt to close the secret door. When he fails to reach it he cries in frustration, "By Crom's sack, do I have to ask for a boost? One of you tall people with the big sticks, poke that red dot!"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”