Delve the Fourth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by merias » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Aldbane will move in once he sees an opening.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Grampus bowls into the goblins, clearing space for Aldbane to step in. They land no hits, but their armor protects them, and now they have room to swing. The dwarves flood in, and Grampus, Dori and Nori kill the last three goblins
MECHANICS
Goblin @Grampus rolls 1 - miss
Goblin @Grampus rolls 10 - miss
Goblin @Aldbane rolls 14 - miss

Grampus @goblin rolls 4 - miss
Aldbane @goblin rolls 9 - miss

Initiative: Party 6 goblins 1 - party wins

Grampus @goblin rolls 14 - hits for <1d6>+1=3 killing it
Aldbane @goblin rolls 1 - miss
Dori @goblin rolls 14 - hits for <1d6>=6 killing it
Nori @goblin rolls 19 - hits for <1d6>=2 killing it
Ori @goblin rolls 3 - miss

Post by acodispo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Wiglaff peers into the room & nods his approval at the carnage. Then he takes a good look around at the room in general.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:54 am

Grampus sheathes his magic sword and takes a deep breath. The dwarves set to work searching the room and looting the corpses of the goblins and bird man.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:17 am

Vesh continues watching for potential new threats drawn from the melee & will cast if a large number of hostile come into range. He'll also notify the group if this occurs.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Wiglaff notes that the dwarfs have this room well in hand. Since there are only thirty feet of corridor between, he wants to investigate the white-padded-wall room.

"Sir Vesh, would you be so kind as to keep a watch the corridor both ways while we investigate these rooms? I suspect your magic could stop or at least slow any approaching enemies.

"Edgar, you're with me!"

With that, the elf-warrior & his torch-bearer proceed approximately thirty feet west & stand on the threshold of the white-padded-wall room.

If the door has closed in the interim, Wiglaff opens it.

Wiglaff will spend a full turn here (while the dwarfs are in the goblins' room).

He does a careful, patient inspection of the room, the floor, ceiling, walls, first visually, and then, if he sees nothing untoward, he'll move across to stand before the chest.

He looks for: unusual holes in the surface of the chest, or of the lock; strange wires or lines; discolorations or growths.

Once the visual inspection is done, he'll stand to one side (and gesture for Edgar to do the same) and lift the chest slightly from one end, if possible, trying to ascertain whether it might be attached to the floor.

As long as he finds nothing strange in the inspection, Wiglaff will then bash the rusty padlock with the butt of his battle-ax!
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Makofan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm

acodispo wrote:Wiglaff notes that the dwarfs have this room well in hand. Since there are only thirty feet of corridor between, he wants to investigate the white-padded-wall room.

"Sir Vesh, would you be so kind as to keep a watch the corridor both ways while we investigate these rooms? I suspect your magic could stop or at least slow any approaching enemies.

"Edgar, you're with me!"

With that, the elf-warrior & his torch-bearer proceed approximately thirty feet west & stand on the threshold of the white-padded-wall room.

If the door has closed in the interim, Wiglaff opens it.

Wiglaff will spend a full turn here (while the dwarfs are in the goblins' room).

He does a careful, patient inspection of the room, the floor, ceiling, walls, first visually, and then, if he sees nothing untoward, he'll move across to stand before the chest.

He looks for: unusual holes in the surface of the chest, or of the lock; strange wires or lines; discolorations or growths.

Once the visual inspection is done, he'll stand to one side (and gesture for Edgar to do the same) and lift the chest slightly from one end, if possible, trying to ascertain whether it might be attached to the floor.

As long as he finds nothing strange in the inspection, Wiglaff will then bash the rusty padlock with the butt of his battle-ax!
Wiglaff carefully scopes out the situation, then, satisfied, starts bashing the rusty padlock. He succeeds in breaking it, and should be able to remove it and open the chest with no problem

The others check the bodies of the goblins they killed, and liberate a total of 28 gold pieces

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:27 pm

"Stand back, Edgar!"

Wiglaff slowly, carefully prods the chest open with the end of his battle-ax.

Post by kipper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Maloof has joined Wiglaff in the white room.

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:18 pm

"I'll keep an eye out both directions, Wiglaff, so we are not caught unaware.

Vesh does try to keep between both parties so he can try to keep watch over the corridor in case threats approach from either direction. He cringes at the sound of Wiglaff busting the lock but returns focus immediately.

[OOC: I'll assume Makofan meant Wiglaff bashed the rusty lock on the chest not Vesh. ;) ]
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”