Delve 3 Aftermath

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Delve 3 Aftermath

The wizard will sell spell scrolls, but there are no protection or clerical scrolls available. His costs are higher than if you make them yourself

1st level spell scroll: 200 gold (90% chance of having that particular spell already on a scroll)
2nd level spell scroll: 400 gold (70% chance of having that particular spell already on a scroll)
3rd level spell scroll: 800 gold (50% chance of having that particular spell already on a scroll)
4th level spell scroll: 1600 gold (30% chance of having that particular spell already on a scroll)
5th level spell scroll: 3200 gold (10% chance of having that particular spell already on a scroll)

Post by mushgnome » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:37 am

I'm inexperienced with the concept; how have players used their "stables" in the past? Do players swap their PCs in and out of the stable depending on the needs of the day? Or is the idea more that they are backup characters "on deck" to replace a fallen PC?

Thanks for clarifying the ruling on mercenaries.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Makofan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:46 am

I intended the stables to be

1) a ready replacement for dead people
2) an alternate source for best mix and match party
3) a ready adventurer if someone else needs healing up for more than a week

Everybody just chose one PC and stuck with them til they died so far

Post by Makofan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:44 am

I want to thank everybody for the effort you have made in this game. It seems to have turned into something lively and fun.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:07 am

mushgnome wrote:Do players swap their PCs in and out of the stable depending on the needs of the day?
One practical use that may come up could be: if a M-U or cleric needs to spend a "turn away" from the expedition in order to research a spell, or create a scroll, potion, or whatever. The player could switch to a different PC to continue the adventure while his M-U/cleric is back in town taking care of "business".

Depending on how Makofan wants to handle "town time".
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:29 am

Understood. I'll likely stick with Grampus because, what greater benefit to the party than an almost-2nd-level Dwarf? Makofan, if at your leisure, you'd like to roll a few dice, I'll generate a couple more PCs and flesh out my stable of "Mushgnome's Members."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Makofan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:19 pm

mushgnome wrote:Understood. I'll likely stick with Grampus because, what greater benefit to the party than an almost-2nd-level Dwarf? Makofan, if at your leisure, you'd like to roll a few dice, I'll generate a couple more PCs and flesh out my stable of "Mushgnome's Members."
Yes, a 2nd level dwarf would be a good asset. I have posted six rolls in your character thread.

Post by Makofan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:29 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Apologies for my recent absence folks. I'm back now.

Great summary Makofan, thank you :)

Golgildir suggests that the fighty-types be responsible for the hiring of men at arms, and basic dungeoneering supplies (food, oil, rope, torches/lanterns, etc.), freeing up the M-Us and clerics to spend their gold on spell scrolls.

If everyone is agreeable with the gist of this, Golgildir will seek to purchase four 1st level spell scrolls (assuming this is 400 gp?), and with his remaining gold, he will seek the service of a redoubtable valet/torch-bearer to accompany him on his future journeys. In order to attract a quality individual, he intends to hire over and above the standard going rate (which is... ?).
What scrolls will Golgildir attempt to purchase?

Post by Makofan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:40 pm

mushgnome wrote:Makofan I noticed the other players have a stable of 3 PCs? If our party needs another spell caster, would I have the option to swap out Grampus and roll a new character?

Meanwhile, Grampus hires armored footmen (or footdwarves, if available). I believe his charisma allows a maximum of 3? He also shops for potions useful to a fighter: healing, heroism, giant's strength, etc.
For 12 gold each, Grampus hires Ori, Nori and Dori. They are each mail and shield plus axe

Post by Makofan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Does Maloof want to upgrade from mail armor to plate armor? If you trade in your mail armor, it will cost you 80 gold. You have 96

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”