Delve the Second

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by riftstone » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Re: Delve the Second

Serech muses over this puzzle.

"I would agree this seems to be a reflection of a different time. I wonder if it could show a certain point in time on command? Or even another location?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 pm

Golguldir adds: If we don't have a crowbar, then somebody please crack or dent a flag with a hammerblow. We only need to observe whether changes in this chamber are immediately visible in the glass...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by merias » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Aldbane, hearing Golguldir's suggestion, hefts his war hammer and, standing at a point visible in the 'mirror', takes a good swing at the floor.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by Vile » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Catweazle, somewhat oblivious to his companions' actions, peers closely at a particular detail in the chamber and tries to relate it to the same spot reflected in the alleged mirror, to see if there is any observable difference between the two - in colour, dust, lichen, wear, or the like. Muttering and blowing through his whiskers all the while.

Does this fog the surface of the mirror, coincidentally?

Post by Brumbar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Grampus walks up to the mirror and touchs the surface and pushes gently sayin "let me pass please"

Post by Makofan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:57 pm

In response to Golguldir's suggestion, Aldbane smashes his hammer and puts a crack in a flagstone. The vision in the glass does not change.

Serech muses over this puzzle. "I would agree this seems to be a reflection of a different time. I wonder if it could show a certain point in time on command? Or even another location?"

Grampus walks up to the mirror and touchs the surface and pushes gently sayin "let me pass please". Grampus disappears into the mirror

Golguldir says "Mirror, mirror, on the wall; who is the fairest of them all?" No answer is forthcoming

Rhod decides not to bother trying to lift a flagstone, as Aldbane's demonstration has achieved what Golguldir decided to check.
Catweazle, somewhat oblivious to his companions' actions, peers closely at a particular detail in the chamber and tries to relate it to the same spot reflected in the alleged mirror, to see if there is any observable difference between the two - in colour, dust, lichen, wear, or the like. Muttering and blowing through his whiskers all the while. Does this fog the surface of the mirror, coincidentally?
Everything seems identical, and the mirror does not fog.

About a minute later, in the mirror you see the reflection of Serech entering the room and looking in the mirror, closely followed by Golguldir (this is activity that happened at the top of page 5 of this thread)

Post by Brumbar » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:47 am

Ummm. Where did i go?
Does anyone see me?

Post by Vile » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:48 am

"Pish! 'Tis but an aura of delay that slows the beams emanating from the eye. As everyone knows, these rays are reflected from the face of a looking glass, but in this room there must be some effect of retardation that hinders their progress through the aether. Nary a wonder we see only what transpired moments past."

Satisfied that he has cut to the crux of the matter, Catweazle straightens his back with a crack and a wince and looks about for another avenue of exploration.
Last edited by Vile on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Makofan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Brumbar wrote:Ummm. Where did i go?
Does anyone see me?
I will let you know shortly

Post by riftstone » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:51 pm

"Grampus!" cries Serech. "He has vanished. Seems to me he has moved into the space between spaces. The world behind the mirror. He but asked, and the mirror acquiesced. Curious."

Serech will approach the mirror, place his hand on it in reverence and ask, "Set him free, please."

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”