Page 1 of 42

Delve the First

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:01 pm
by Makofan
A party going into the dungeon is always a festive event, and the castle folk gather round as the wizard escorts you to the dungeon entrance. Beside the outside wall of the tower is a set of double trap doors. The doors are pulled aside to show a staircase leading about 50 feet down, eastward. There is no light in the stairwell

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:31 am
by waysoftheearth
"We should put fire in at least two torches," suggests Golguldir, eyeing the dark with distaste. "And if someone would be so good as to toss such a becon down yonder stair, we might espy whatever awaits us before stepping into it!"

To the Wizard Gorthaur he remarks: "'Tis dark as pitch below! If the hour is not too late I would purchase a dozen extra torches," and, if said torches are forthcoming (at a cost of 2 gp), the elf hands six each to Archie and Ackman. Otherwise, Golguldir hands two of his own six torches each to his hired spears.

To Archie he then says: "Fire that torch, Master Archie, that you might put light before my boot!"

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:19 pm
by Makofan
waysoftheearth wrote:"We should put fire in at least two torches," suggests Golguldir, eyeing the dark with distaste. "And if someone would be so good as to toss such a becon down yonder stair, we might espy whatever awaits us before stepping into it!"

To the Wizard Gorthaur he remarks: "'Tis dark as pitch below! If the hour is not too late I would purchase a dozen extra torches," and, if said torches are forthcoming (at a cost of 2 gp), the elf hands six each to Archie and Ackman. Otherwise, Golguldir hands two of his own six torches each to his hired spears.

To Archie he then says: "Fire that torch, Master Archie, that you might put light before my boot!"


The wizard agrees. "Guards, fetch a dozen torches"

There is scurrying, and five minutes later the transaction is processed. One of the torches is lit, and tossed down the stairs. It rolls and tumbles down, before disappearing just out of sight. You think it is in a room. Archie then lights up a torch, as does Fredrik

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:25 pm
by sully
Het will wait 10 beats and then, assuming he sees and hears nothing, will proceed down the stairs.

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:28 pm
by Makofan
Is Het scouting ahead, or assuming the rest are following behind?

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:07 pm
by Makofan
How much gold are people carrying on their persons, and how much is left at the Wizard's vault? This is important for encumbrance and bribes and stuff. I will assume all is banked in the vault unless told otherwise

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:00 pm
by Brumbar
Makofan wrote:How much gold are people carrying on their persons, and how much is left at the Wizard's vault? This is important for encumbrance and bribes and stuff. I will assume all is banked in the vault unless told otherwise


Mine is in the vault

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:02 pm
by Brumbar
Lawrence will follow a few feet behind to provide assistance, shield and sword drawn

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:37 pm
by waysoftheearth
Golguldir checks his coin purse is tucked safely away inside his robes then, urging the company to follow cautiously after their bold Halfling, bids the Wizard Gorthaur farewell.

"Doubtless we shall return shortly with news of our venture," he opines, then swiftly takes his allotted position in the marching order and begins the descent...

Re: Delve the First

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:25 am
by riftstone
Serech will carry all of his funds on his person.

"May we be protected by the divine in this endeavor, and fortune favor us."

He will offer up his torches to the cause, if need be. Otherwise, marching in silence with hammer and shield in hand.