Delve the First


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Delve the First

"Grab the priest!" Golguldir orders his Men as soon as the wicked turncoat begins to utter his spell, but he himself back peddles into a corner where he kneels and attempts to kindle another torch.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: Delve the First

There is massive confusion, shouting and noise as people in the room try to converge on Blas' last known position. Oldtin and Rhod, at their respective posts, wait, straining their senses. Golguldir has no luck lighting a torch in this darkness.

Lawrence feels something brush by him, and then Oldtin sees the priest burst into the checkerboard room. As Gunther goes to stop him, the priest touches him and Gunther falls to the ground , dead.

SITUATION

Blas is between Oldtin and Lawrence, maybe about ten feet from each (Lawrence is at the doorway). Blas is obviously intending to get past Oldtin and escape

Image
User avatar

Posts: 519

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Delve the First

Makofan wrote:Blas is between Oldtin and Lawrence, maybe about ten feet from each (Lawrence is at the doorway). Blas is obviously intending to get past Oldtin and escape


"Oh no ye don't!" Oldtin yells. He charges with spear firmly in hand, attempting to impale the evil priest.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 88

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 am

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:45 am

Re: Delve the First

Occ. i assume that it is gunther who is dead and not Blas.

Lawrence charges after Blas and attackes
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: Delve the First

| Thanks Brumbar, edited my post with correct name |
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Delve the First

Golguldir feels his way carefully along the wall and out the secret door, back toward the sawdust room, where he calls his men and before again trying to get another torch going...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 669

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: Delve the First

Rhod will lay aside his bow and get out a torch to light. Assuming he can get that done, he'll also get out his sword.

If this stray priest comes past him before he gets his sword out, he'll hit him with the torch.

Either way, he'll stand in front of the door so he has a better chance of intercepting him.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Re: Delve the First

| Just waiting for Serech now |
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Delve the First

Serech will listen for the rest of the group and make his way towards them. Since he is in the dark, I would assume he would not know which way is up so he will try to make it to Lawrence. If he runs into Blas along the way, his warhammer is in hand for a little bashing.
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Delve the First

Another post I hated to make - Oldtin played it perfectly, but the dice gods were not happy


Oldtin sets himself, and his spear scores a solid gash in Blas' side. The mad priest staggers, keeps coming and brings his mace down on Oldtin's head, killing him. Lawrence then catches up from behind a a critical sword strike kills Blas.

Hetwhistle is dead, Oldtin is dead, Blas is dead - and the place is now as quiet as the tomb it has become.


MECHANICS

INITIATIVE: Oldtin's spear before Blas' mace

Oldtin @ Blas: 18 HIT for <2d6+2> = 9 damage (spear set vs charge)
Blas @ Oldtin: 14 HIT for <1d6> = 4 damage, killing Oldtin
Lawrence @ Blas: 20 hit for <1d6> = 6 dasmage, killing Blas
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Makofan and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software