Delve the First


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 669

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Delve the First

Rhod will turn toward the other rooms at the sound of the scream. How far does the darkness cover? Is he still in light?

More importantly, can he understand what they're all yelling about? As to who is the bad guy here, at least?
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1120

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Delve the First

Rhod is outside the magical darkness, but as he was depending on the lights from the torches now extinguished, he is in non-magical darkness and can see nothing. Basically, all of a sudden the lights went out, but he does not know why
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Re: Delve the First

| Ah, I understand now. We are way outside our marching order - total chaos even before this happened! My apologies, Makofan. I didn't realize how much we were out of order until I looked back at the official marching order. I am ok with Serech in the mirror room and thus in the darkness. |
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Re: Delve the First

| Okay, so we have Lawernce, Serech, Golguldir, Archie and Ackman all in the mirror room with Blas, all in a magical darkness.

I recommend that everyone there jumps on Blas the instant he utters his darkness spell. With four or five on one, we should be able to overbear him relatively easily; his AC won't count and we won't risk hitting each other with weapons or spells. One of us might get crunched by his mace, but that is a risk anyway.

Meanwhile, Rhod (in the sawdust room) only needs to block Blas from escaping that way. Gunther and Oldtin (in the checkerboard room) only need to block Blas from escaping that way.

What say you all? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:16 am

Re: Delve the First

| I thought we still needed to make a to hit roll? Wouldn't that imply his AC still mattered? |
User avatar

Posts: 16470

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 am

Re: Delve the First

| I think it will depend somewhat on what Blas does, and then how Mako handles it... but you're right, some (or possibly even all?) of us would require a hit roll if Blas was fighting armed, in which case his AC would still matter. On the otherhand, I'd be surprised if Blas could attack everyone in all directions at once! |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 519

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: Delve the First

| Oldtin wouldn't necessarily know Blas was the culprit, just that Het died and then the darkness spell...so he'll stay where he is, waiting to see what happens or what he can hear before he moves. |
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1120

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Re: Delve the First

I would like statements of intent from Lawrence and Serech before I proceed
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: Delve the First

Serech will attempt to overbear/grapple Blas.
User avatar

Posts: 88

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 am

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: Delve the First

My post from wednesday was that if i could swing at belt high at Blas i would, assuming i was close enough, which i was trying to do. I would not think i would have time to discuss options.

It would be my gut reactions and Lawrences instincts
Last edited by Brumbar on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software