Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1747
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Delve the First

The floor tiles seem solid

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:40 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het will have Gunther follow two squares behind him with a torch. Het will drop the bag on each square in front of him. if nothing happens, he'll retrieve the bag and step onto the square. He'll proceed directly ahead until the torch reveals anything of interest.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 1747
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Re: Delve the First

Is he walking diagonally )on same-colored squares) or orthogonally (north/south, alternating squares)?

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:04 pm

Re: Delve the First

He stepped on one white and one black square already, and nothing happened, right?

If that's the case, he'll go orthogonally on alternating squares.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 1747
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Re: Delve the First

He walks the length of the room with no issue. Looking back, he can see that the door he entered by is seamless, and would be hard to spot from inside the checkerboard room. There is a door in the west wall, 20 feet from the north wall, that looks like your normal dungeon door.

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het will listen at the west door, and then bring the torch closer so he can examine the door for traps. He's looking for hidden needles, wires, holes behind which darts fly out, etc...

Assuming he sees nothing out of the ordinary, he'll open the door.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Delve the First

Oldtin would have been watching the chessboard as Het moved along it, since he supplied the bag of spikes. He'll move to assist Het with the door if needed, being sure to follow the path Het used. He'll recover his spikes if no imminent danger is revealed.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1747
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het listens, but hears nothing. Oldtin helps Het open the door and they see an empty room, 30 feet N/S and 40 feet E/W. Het mentally lines this up with their hand drawn map, and figures this is the room that Blas the priest said had invisible attackers.

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het says, If something attacks us, retreat to the sawdust room. We should be able to see the creature's footsteps in the dust.

Het will listen for movement and see if he can detect any disturbances in the air. He has his sling at the ready.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 1747
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: Delve the First

sully wrote:Het says, If something attacks us, retreat to the sawdust room. We should be able to see the creature's footsteps in the dust.

Het will listen for movement and see if he can detect any disturbances in the air. He has his sling at the ready.
All is quiet and still
Het's and Archie's torches have now been burning for 50 minutes, so have 10 minutes of light left

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.