Delve the First


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Delve the First

The statue salutes you with his trident. The door is stuck - keep trying until you succeed?
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het will ignore the stuck door and proceed to the next statue. He will greet it in the normal fashion.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: Delve the First

Image

"Ares salutes you, tiny warrior" comes a deep voice from the statue. You can see the corridor continues south, and the statues start to alternate like this (you are at the X)

*x_|
|__*
*__|
|__*
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het will continue down the line, pausing at each statue to say hello, until he reaches a door or a room.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Delve the First

There are a total of four more statues, two on the west, and two on the right, in this order.
EAST
Image

WEST
Image

EAST
Image

WEST
Image

That makes 5 statues on the west wall, and two on the east wall. Het greets them courteously. Immediately after the least statue on the west, the passage slants South-East, maintaining its 20-foot width and straw covered floor.

Does he still wish to continue onwards?

Is anybody back in the party looking down this corridor, or is anybody in the 30x40 room, or are they all back in the initial 10'wide corridor?
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het will continue to the southeast.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: Delve the First

It has been about half an hour since you lit torches, so Alkman lights his now
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het continues on.

| For the mapper, draw 4 diagonal lines slanting \ on the west wall and 2 diagonal lines slanting \ on the east wall. That gives you a 20-foot wide corridor heading east |

Het sees two ten-foot wide corridors, opening north and south, at the 30 foot section of this east corridor. He carefully creeps up, and looks all directions. North has 30 foot of normal corridor (not straw-covered_, with a door 30' up on the west side. It then turns east at the 40 foot section, with a door on the north wall. South goes 10 feet, then turns west. The wide corridor continues, and there are doors on the north and south at the 30 foot mark past the north/south branch
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: Delve the First

"The straw littered floor may be a device to indicate whether anyone has passed over," muses Golguldir...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het is out of your sight and not in communication with the party. Does Het intend to retreat all the way back to the party and describe what he saw?
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software