Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: Delve the First

merias wrote:"This room appears secure enough, I'll see what fate may bring us at the opposite door. Oh, and don't be forgettin' that!" Oldtin says, pointing the pile of gold.

He'll move over to the opposing door and have a listen, but not attempt to open it until the rest of the party is ready.
There is only the one entrance into Alistair's room, the one you came in by, so I am not sure what you mean by opposite door. Back in the entrance room, there are stairs to the west (which you came down) Alistair's door in the east (leading to this room), a south door, a north door, and an east corridor.

Post by Makofan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:35 pm

sully wrote:Het will toss the bed, just to be thorough. He'll look for any trap doors under the bed as well.
Het does a thorough job, tossing the bed and checking for trap doors. He does not find any

Post by Makofan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:38 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Makofan wrote:There is a small, cheaply made, green book in the bottom drawer
"Well now, let us see what kind of accounts Master Alistair has kept..." says Golguldir, and pulling on a pair of soft white gloves, he takes the green book from its drawer and assays its contents...
A piece of paper falls out. It is a letter from Gorthaur the Wizard to Alistair the Chaotic, sentencing him to the dungeon until he can liberate himself with a payment of 1000 gold coins. The book itself is a ledger with deposits made, the last one being a deposit of 7 gold pieces from Rhod, bringing his total to 301 gold

Post by sully » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Just to keep things moving (since I just remembered that I am supposed to be the Caller), I propose the party will return to the room where we killed Alistair, listen at the north and south doors, and then (assuming nothing is heard) open the south door.

If you have a problem with any of this, speak now!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by merias » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Makofan wrote:
merias wrote:"This room appears secure enough, I'll see what fate may bring us at the opposite door. Oh, and don't be forgettin' that!" Oldtin says, pointing the pile of gold.

He'll move over to the opposing door and have a listen, but not attempt to open it until the rest of the party is ready.
There is only the one entrance into Alistair's room, the one you came in by, so I am not sure what you mean by opposite door. Back in the entrance room, there are stairs to the west (which you came down) Alistair's door in the east (leading to this room), a south door, a north door, and an east corridor.
Thanks for clariftying the layout. He'll start by listening at the north door and then the south.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by Makofan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:43 pm

The party reconvenes in the entrance room, prepared possibly to move on to the south. Archie's torch, Het's torch, and the torch laying on the ground all gutter out, leaving the party in darkness

Post by sully » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Can we get a warning next time, before the torches completely burn out? You don't give us any indication of time passing so it's hard to track when the torches are going to go dead.
Het says, I don't have any torches, or I'd light another one.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Makofan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:01 pm

| Sure thing, will do |

Post by merias » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Oldtin quickly lights a torch.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:14 pm

"Light another torch Archie," Golguldir instructs, as the first one sputters to its end. "When that one is half spent, Ackman will light another, and vis versa," | So Golguldir's men will always have two torches burning, and they won't both be spent at the same time... of the 18 torches Golguldir purchased, I believe two are now spent and 16 remain. Who else brought torches/lantern+oil? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”