Delve the First


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: Delve the First

merias wrote:"This room appears secure enough, I'll see what fate may bring us at the opposite door. Oh, and don't be forgettin' that!" Oldtin says, pointing the pile of gold.

He'll move over to the opposing door and have a listen, but not attempt to open it until the rest of the party is ready.


There is only the one entrance into Alistair's room, the one you came in by, so I am not sure what you mean by opposite door. Back in the entrance room, there are stairs to the west (which you came down) Alistair's door in the east (leading to this room), a south door, a north door, and an east corridor.
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Delve the First

sully wrote:Het will toss the bed, just to be thorough. He'll look for any trap doors under the bed as well.


Het does a thorough job, tossing the bed and checking for trap doors. He does not find any
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: Delve the First

waysoftheearth wrote:
Makofan wrote:There is a small, cheaply made, green book in the bottom drawer

"Well now, let us see what kind of accounts Master Alistair has kept..." says Golguldir, and pulling on a pair of soft white gloves, he takes the green book from its drawer and assays its contents...


A piece of paper falls out. It is a letter from Gorthaur the Wizard to Alistair the Chaotic, sentencing him to the dungeon until he can liberate himself with a payment of 1000 gold coins. The book itself is a ledger with deposits made, the last one being a deposit of 7 gold pieces from Rhod, bringing his total to 301 gold
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Re: Delve the First

Just to keep things moving (since I just remembered that I am supposed to be the Caller), I propose the party will return to the room where we killed Alistair, listen at the north and south doors, and then (assuming nothing is heard) open the south door.

If you have a problem with any of this, speak now!
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 576

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Re: Delve the First

Makofan wrote:
merias wrote:"This room appears secure enough, I'll see what fate may bring us at the opposite door. Oh, and don't be forgettin' that!" Oldtin says, pointing the pile of gold.

He'll move over to the opposing door and have a listen, but not attempt to open it until the rest of the party is ready.


There is only the one entrance into Alistair's room, the one you came in by, so I am not sure what you mean by opposite door. Back in the entrance room, there are stairs to the west (which you came down) Alistair's door in the east (leading to this room), a south door, a north door, and an east corridor.


Thanks for clariftying the layout. He'll start by listening at the north door and then the south.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Delve the First

The party reconvenes in the entrance room, prepared possibly to move on to the south. Archie's torch, Het's torch, and the torch laying on the ground all gutter out, leaving the party in darkness
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: Delve the First

Can we get a warning next time, before the torches completely burn out? You don't give us any indication of time passing so it's hard to track when the torches are going to go dead.


Het says, I don't have any torches, or I'd light another one.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1350

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Delve the First

| Sure thing, will do |
User avatar

Posts: 576

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Re: Delve the First

Oldtin quickly lights a torch.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: Delve the First

"Light another torch Archie," Golguldir instructs, as the first one sputters to its end. "When that one is half spent, Ackman will light another, and vis versa," | So Golguldir's men will always have two torches burning, and they won't both be spent at the same time... of the 18 torches Golguldir purchased, I believe two are now spent and 16 remain. Who else brought torches/lantern+oil? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software