Delve the First


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1315

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Delve the First

There are two drawers on the right hand side underneath the desk. The desktop itself is empty except for a quill pen and ink bottle
User avatar

Posts: 704

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: Delve the First

"My name is Rhod," the man says. "And the goblins didn't kill me -- they swarmed me." He pauses, and thinks for a moment.

"I may have been in my cups, truth to tell. There was this cheerless bloke, with the most incredible piercing blue eyes. He had gold and I had a thirst, and the next thing I knew I was outside and there were goblins all over me. After that, I woke up here (wherever here is). They've been prodding me for information, since I speak Goblin, claiming they'd return me gear and let me go. But I'd have to betray me own kind, as if that would ever happen!"

As he speaks, he gathers up his gear and gets ready to join the party.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Re: Delve the First

Golguldir gives Rhod a sweeping bow. "Your assistance and your company will be greatly enjoyed, I'm sure,"

Turning back to the desk he gives the drawers a dubious frown, | I normally wouldn't touch anything with only 1 hp, but in the interest of keeping things moving... | then carefully prises the drawers open with the point of his dagger...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1315

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: Delve the First

waysoftheearth wrote:Golguldir gives Rhod a sweeping bow. "Your assistance and your company will be greatly enjoyed, I'm sure,"

Turning back to the desk he gives the drawers a dubious frown, | I normally wouldn't touch anything with only 1 hp, but in the interest of keeping things moving... | then carefully prises the drawers open with the point of his dagger...


There is a small, cheaply made, green book in the bottom drawer
User avatar

Posts: 562

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Delve the First

Oldtin nods to Rhod in silent acceptance and keeps an eye on the door while the room is searched.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het walks over to the chest and examines it closely. He's looking for discolored needles in the area of the lock, and concealed panels on the front that might slide open and fire darts or spew poison gas at him.

Hand me that key. After I check this thing out, I'll see if the key unlocks it.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1315

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Re: Delve the First

sully wrote:Het walks over to the chest and examines it closely. He's looking for discolored needles in the area of the lock, and concealed panels on the front that might slide open and fire darts or spew poison gas at him.

Hand me that key. After I check this thing out, I'll see if the key unlocks it.


Het's careful searching and keen eyes allow him to spot a suspicious looking tiny hole a hair to the right of the lock, just about where a person's hand would be if he was truing to pick the lock
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het will cover the hole with the blade of his short sword while he turns the key in the lock (assuming someone gave it to him).
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1315

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: Delve the First

As Het opens the chest, he hears a small metallic click as if something hit his sword. He looks down and sees a brownish needle that would have pricked his hand. The chest contents are a few handfuls of gold coins, probably between two and three hundred, he estimates
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Delve the First

Het oohs and aahs. That's the most gold I've ever seen in one place before. I'm rich!

He spins around and looks at the others.

Uh, I mean, we're rich! Can someone help me carry all of this?

Once the chest has been emptied out, Het will compare the relative volume of the inside of the chest to the outside, looking to see if there's a false bottom or side. He will reach in with the point of his short sword and try to pry up the bottom of the chest and make sure he's not missing any secret panels. Same thing with the sides of the chest and the top of the lid.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software