Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:57 pm

Re: Delve the First

sully wrote:
Hetwhistle gazes sadly at Fredrik's corpse. Is he beyond saving? Alas... Um, does anyone have a bandage I might borrow?
Are we going back up top, after we find Alistair's home and loot it? I could use a few days' rest.
This is why we have a stable of characters. You grab the next one while Het rests for a week or two

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Brumbar wrote:Lawrence will set the sword aside for the group to decide what to do with it.

He will also start taking of the plate armour, if it looks like it might fit one of the party he will suggest that that person does a wardrobe change.
It will fit Serech or Lawrence.

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:59 pm

merias wrote:Oldtin pokes Alistair's body with his spear, while looking for a belt pouch or other means of secreting gold.
He has a belt purse containing 12 gold pieces. He also has a helmet, shield, plate armor and a sword, none of which look magical

Post by merias » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Makofan wrote:He has a belt purse containing 12 gold pieces. He also has a helmet, shield, plate armor and a sword, none of which look magical
Oldtin puts the purse in his backpack after examining it.

"12 gold - if'n we make it out alive, we can divide this later."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by sully » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:52 pm

merias wrote:
Makofan wrote:He has a belt purse containing 12 gold pieces. He also has a helmet, shield, plate armor and a sword, none of which look magical
Oldtin puts the purse in his backpack after examining it.

"12 gold - if'n we make it out alive, we can divide this later."
Het says, I'll take my share now, if you please. I'm in no condition to continue. If you like, I know a big guy with a big sword who'd be happy to take my place. I can send him down in my stead.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:51 pm

"What a silly fellow," tisks Golguldir, "Still, his unfortunate demise is our gain; his arms and harness are a valuable prize, yet I suspect he must have secreted a pot of loot somewhere nearby. Let us search hereabouts!"

While the other loot Alistair's body, Golguldir instructs his bodyguards to accompany him, bringing both light and protection, and walks a slow perimeter of the room, eyeing the walls critically for any anomoly that might indicate a secret door...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Most people are in the middle of the room, near Alistair's body. Golguldir and his two hirelings are just starting to investigate the north wall. Serech is kneeling by Fredrik.

Without warning, the south door bursts in and a flood of green-skinned, screaming creatures charges the centre group, catching you by surprise! They are about dwarf size, but thinner, armed with swords and shields. Lawrence, Gunther and Oldtin are all double-teamed, while the last one goes after Het. The creatures make the most of their initial charge, slicing Lawrence severely, and wounding Gunther and Oldtin.

(PICTURE)

MECHANICS
Surprise roll for party <1d6> = 2, party surprised

#1, #2 @ Lawrence: 15, 15 hit twice for 7 damage
#3, #4 @ Gunther: 2, 17 hit once for 2 damage
#5, #6 @ Oldtin: 14, 5 hit once 2 damage
#7 @ Het: 9 miss

WOUNDED
Hetwhistle: 1/7
Lawrence: 1/8
Gunther: 3/5
Oldtin: 2/4

Post by merias » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Oldtin winces in surprise and pain, then collects himself and attempts to skewer one of the creatures on his spear.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by Brumbar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Lawrence sweeps his sword trying to force the goblins back, an taking out at least one.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 pm

"Form a defense!" Golduldir instructs his mercenaries then, from his protected position, brings forth The Baleful Somnolence of Morpheus (from his scroll of Sleep), targetting the incantation upon a rearward "goblin" so that the sorcery might affect more of the enemy than of his fellows...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”