Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by sully » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 am

Re: Delve the First

Het will be parrying again.

These surprises will be the death of me!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by riftstone » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:31 am

All the baddies are in melee it seems, so Serech cannot hurl his hammer. He will move to defend Golduldir hoping his spell turns the tide.

Post by Makofan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 pm

As things look desperate for the party, Golguldir feverishly invokes his magic scroll as quickly as he can, and it is on time! The entire room falls to the ground in an enchanted slumber. Only Serech and Golguldir are unaffected by the powerful enchantment

MECHANICS
Initiative: monster short swords are faster than players' weapons, but are they faster than the magic user? Will roll initiative between Golguldir and monsters

Golguldir 6 , Monsters 3

Golguldir reads Sleep spell from scroll; affects <2d6+2> = 13 creatures

All the monsters fall asleep
Het, Lawrence, Oldtin, Gunther fall asleep
Two spearmen fall asleep

Serech and Golguldir are the only two left standing

WOUNDED
Hetwhistle: 1/7
Lawrence: 1/8
Gunther: 3/5
Oldtin: 2/4

Post by riftstone » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Serech will move to dispatch the creatures, hoping Golduldir starts to awaken his comrades.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Golguldir allows himself the briefest smirk before moving immediately to wake his nearest comrades.

"Fear not!" he whispers to Archie and Ackmann as they rouse, "we have won the day. Now, if you would be so kind as to quietly waken our fellows, we can see these goblins slain and thereafter continue our search for Alistair's vault..."

Golguldir does not himself approach with reach of any goblin that yet lives.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Makofan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Archie and Alkman awaken the others, while Serech dispatches the goblins by crushing their heads.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:59 pm

"That was... brutally done," Golguldir observes, "May I suggest we now post a watch by each door and be prepared for further interlopers! Gather whatever arms and coin the goblins carried for our trophy; alas that I require 100 weight in gold to construct another such spell scroll..."

After a watch is posted Golguldir will continue his search of the perimeter. Surely, he thinks to himself, Alistair's toll-pot can't be too far away..?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:59 am

Het will assist the wizard in searching for hidden doors.

Gunther, watch my back, will you?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by merias » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:04 am

Oldtin yawns as he returns to wakefullness and examines his wounds and the carnage. "Fine work Golguldir, I better be watchin' that south door! No more surprises for us!" Oltin moves to watch the south door, spear ready.

"Oh, almost forgot..." Oldtin says as he fetches the pouch with 12 gold and tosses it to Het. "You did most o' the fightin' anyway. Split it however ye want."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by sully » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:42 am

Het reaches into the pouch and pulls out two gold, then tosses it back to Oldtin.

Did my part, no more or no less than any other.

He hands one of the gold to Gunther.

First of many, I hope.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”