Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by riftstone » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 am

Re: Delve the First

"The dwarf is right. I can make nothing of this, save that the West seem to be more tame than the East. So, how will we tempt the Ogres into our trap?"

Post by Brumbar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:23 pm

"shall we try Rhod's plan for the ogres then lads? Who has oil with them?" "I have 4 pints with me. Come now speak up."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:16 pm

"Attracting their attention may simply be a matter of opening yonder door! If not, then a few hollered remarks about an Ogre's comeliness should do the trick." suggests Golguldir, already moving back toward the lobby.

"It may be that hurling burning oil flasks will do the trick--and if there is a pool of oil in the doorway too, so be it! I will position myself at the final door; and should any Ogre threaten to pass through the conflagration and hail of missiles I shall encorcel it!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:02 am

Het says, If opening the door doesn't do it, I'll sneak through and find them. If I get lucky and find just one, I might be able to do some serious damage with my sling before it notices me, and I'm fast enough to outrun it back here.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:13 am

"Then let us ready our missiles!" Golguldir hands his oil flask to Ackmann, "Get this fused and fired, and lob it at anything unfriendly that comes thru that door!"
You may want to check up on those move rates Sully; I think ogres, halflings, dwarfs are all 9". I'd say don't worry about the sling unless you need it to get someone's attention... if they catch up, you'll be done!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:20 am

| Hetwhistle is +4 to hit with the sling and I'll be damned if I'm going to let him die without hitting at least one enemy with a sling stone! If he runs as fast as an ogre, at least they won't catch up! |
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by coffee » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:10 pm

"All right, then!" Rhod says. "We'll get into position."

He adopts a kneeling position in the agreed doorway, observing the length of the corridor, and starts selecting the straightest of his arrows to fire first.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by sully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Het smiles and rubs his hands together as he watches the ambush preparation commence.

Don't forget the rope to trip them with! he giggles.

Once it looks like his companions are ready, he'll open the door and stand back. Assuming no ogres burst through, he'll quietly creep down the corridor and see what he sees.

Post by Makofan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:34 pm

The door opens into a wide, open room, 30' south x 40' west. There is a 20' wide corridor leading south, out of the South-west corner of the room. There are four green caryatid columns in the room - two directly south of you against the south wall, and two to the west of you along the north wall, each in its own 10' section. The room has sparse straw scattered all over its floor

Post by sully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Het will poke his head back into the other room.

Blas, did you ever enter this room? Do those columns move?

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”