Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by merias » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:59 pm

Re: Delve the First

Oldtin carries his gold on his person. He falls into line in the rear.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by coffee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 pm

Fredrik, likewise, carries his gold on his person. You never know...
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Het reaches the bottom of the stairs, Lawrence close behind him, to see a rather large, columned entry chamber, with doors in all sides. Before he can see much more, his attention is arrested by the sight of a rather large man armoured in plate and shield, not five feet in front of him, blocking the way.

"Welcome", he says, "to the madness. The toll is 10 gold per person. Or one magic item", he adds as an afterthought.

If at some point this confrontation was to turn violent, you estimate you could probably rush him and engage him with a couple of people, but others would be stacked up.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:30 am

OOC
Not sure if Golguldir can see into the room from his position, but he can likely hear? If so, what language is spoken?

For those that can see: is "rather large" still naturally large for a man? Is he armed? Does he have help?

Presuming we haven't sufficient gold to pay this toll there are two obvious options:

1) Charismatic Lawrence attempts to negotiate a "We'll pay you double later if you let us pass freely now," type deal, or...

2) We best him by force:

2A) If he is as yet unarmed and/or alone we could attempt to overbear him because his plate armor won't help him, while our superior numbers should help us (but if he already has a weapon readied it might not be such a good option).

2B) If he has a bunch of friends it might be better to ensorcel them all swiftly (particularly if they all have plate armor!)

Other options?
/OOC
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Brumbar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:08 pm

"And welcome to you my friend. And what might your name be?" after waiting for a reply "so friend(insert name here) how is business. I assume it can't be very good if you are taking a toll from prties entering the dungeon. Might i suggest that you take the toll from parties leaving the dungeon. Or better yet why not join us. You seem like a very capable sort. Come join us for an equal share of the treasure".

Post by Makofan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:31 pm

| Not sure if Golguldir can see into the room from his position, but he can likely hear? If so, what language is spoken? |

He is speaking common

| For those that can see: is "rather large" still naturally large for a man? Is he armed? Does he have help? |

About 6 feet tall, clad in plate and shield and helmet, holding a sword

Post by Makofan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Brumbar wrote:"And welcome to you my friend. And what might your name be?" after waiting for a reply "so friend(insert name here) how is business. I assume it can't be very good if you are taking a toll from prties entering the dungeon. Might i suggest that you take the toll from parties leaving the dungeon. Or better yet why not join us. You seem like a very capable sort. Come join us for an equal share of the treasure".
"They call me Alistair. Alistair the Chaotic. And I don't share - I take. And I take both coming and going. Of course, if ye canna pay 10 each, just give me all yer gold and I'll let ye pass"

MECHANICS
Hidden reaction roll made with modifiers

Post by riftstone » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Serech leans forward and whispers to Lawerence, "First it was 10 gold each, now it is all our gold? Or a magic item? How would this brigand even know what is magical and what isn't?"

Post by coffee » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:23 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:2) We best him by force:
OOC:

This one gets my vote.

/OOC
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Brumbar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:44 pm

"Well Alistair. I don't think that makes good business sense for you or us. I tell you what i think we should do." says Lawrence as he slowly approaches Alistair until he is in sword range. "I think you are going to let us pass" as Lawrence attacks.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”