00 - Preparing to play

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by coffee » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: 00 - Preparing to play

At the end of the poem, the door opens once more and a young man enters. He wears brown clerical garb, but one can notice the glint of mail coming from beneath.

His eyes dart back and forth between the two groups, then he grins broadly and makes his way straight to the party.

"Have I come too late to join? You're still here, so I hope not." Over his shoulder he calls to the barmaid, "mine's a pint," and then he pulls out a vacant chair.

"Fredrik's the name."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by sully » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Het giggles and applauds wildly.

He points at Archie and says, "Ooh, I want that one to come with us!"
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Makofan wrote:Then he adds "And we come at half the price!"
"Well sung, Master Archie," Golduldir indulges the forerunner of the auxiliaries, already scanning his Men for likely candidates. "I require the service of two of your best Men on immediate terms!" he jingles the purse for emphasis.
Someone with enough gold should take on Sigurd and Gunther too!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Brumbar » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:28 pm

To the barmaid "i might do that my pretty" with a wink. "what say we pretend tonight is my first night back" said with a broad smile and laugh.

Post by sully » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:57 am

Het will walk over to the Men, pull out a gold coin, and scratch an X on one side.

"The marked side means I hire Sigurd. The unmarked side means I hire Gunther."

He flips it in the air for all to see.
I'll let the DM roll a d2 and determine who I hire. Or I guess perhaps a CHR roll first?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Makofan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:27 pm

sully wrote:
Het will walk over to the Men, pull out a gold coin, and scratch an X on one side.

"The marked side means I hire Sigurd. The unmarked side means I hire Gunther."

He flips it in the air for all to see.
I'll let the DM roll a d2 and determine who I hire. Or I guess perhaps a CHR roll first?
The coin rolls around and comes to a stop, unmarked side up
Your money is good. Your CHR will determine his morale/loyalty, but I will keep this secret

Post by Makofan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Makofan wrote:Then he adds "And we come at half the price!"
"Well sung, Master Archie," Golduldir indulges the forerunner of the auxiliaries, already scanning his Men for likely candidates. "I require the service of two of your best Men on immediate terms!" he jingles the purse for emphasis.
Someone with enough gold should take on Sigurd and Gunther too!
Archie says "I'll take your coin. Alkman, step up, this should be fun!"

A smaller man, about average size, shrugs and gets up from the table. "Just like old times" he says

Post by Makofan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Brumbar wrote:To the barmaid "i might do that my pretty" with a wink. "what say we pretend tonight is my first night back" said with a broad smile and laugh.
"Let's just wait for some results, stud"

Post by sully » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:27 am

Het

Ok, Gunther, two rules. When I've got my sling or bow out, you're behind me. All other times, you're in front of me. That's about it. Any questions?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:05 am

"Archie, Alkman," says Golguldir smoothly, acknowledging each Man, "I am called Golduldir; welcome to my employ." He hands them the pile of eight gold coins. "Your principle duties are to ensure that noone and nothing touches me; and elsewise to convenience me as required. If you follow my instructions in an orderly manner this will be a profitable venture, I assure you. Now gather your wits and chattels and say your cheerios, for we embark shortly!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”