OOC/Off topic

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: OOC/Off topic

Vile wrote:The hard work is done, and the BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Kickstarter should launch in less than a month. This is another way of saying, please ping me when you reach a point where you can slot old Catweazle back into the party. :mrgreen:

May he have spent some of his cash on shiny things while everyone else was off gallivanting and gadding about?
We've just started, and they are relatively near the entrance, so join in if you want. Are there any scrolls you wanted to buy or make?

Post by Vile » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Probably make, if there's time. And is there a second-hand market for used mail? Thinking of upgrading the lads-in-arms' armour.

Post by Makofan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Vile wrote:Probably make, if there's time. And is there a second-hand market for used mail? Thinking of upgrading the lads-in-arms' armour.
You can make one scroll at a cost of 100 gold

You can get half the cost of your armor back if you do a trade in

Post by kipper » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:18 pm

I'll be away from my computer this long weekend, I should be back by Tuesday.

Post by Makofan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm travelling also

Post by Vile » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 am

Happy Easter! :mrgreen:

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 am

If you haven't already, please be aware there will be a forthcoming server outage: http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=811
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Makofan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:16 pm

BTW, I moved all the party stats to the main forum, and am doing my best to keep it up to date

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=808

Post by acodispo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:34 pm

Makofan wrote:BTW, I moved all the party stats to the main forum, and am doing my best to keep it up to date
Very convenient!
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Makofan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:35 pm

EDITORIAL COMMENT FROM YOUR FRIENDLY DM

Hi guys. Because of the slow and scattered nature of play-by-post, quite often we lose the threads of where we are, what we've learned, etc. Since we've regrouped, I think I am going to state a few things to put everybody on the same page

1) This is a megadungeon - you don't have to clear every level. You might find that a given level is not giving the rewards you want, or is too difficult, and change levels accordingly, You have so far found a really deep chute, and stairs guarded by warriors who demand gold to pass. There will always be a way to change your level, and there may be more than one, on any given floor. However, the levels are small enough that it is possible to clear a level (assuming you find all the secret doors, and can handle all the monsters that are on the map)

2) I consciously designed this dungeon to be old school stocked, which is usually a lot of inconsequential treasure, and a few big finds. Two examples of big finds were the ogre haul and the hidden room off the map of Taurus. There is still a reasonable amount of treasure to be derived on this level.

3) As you have found, sometimes you don't have to fight - you can bargain, or run.

4) At least at first level, you get more experience from monsters than the treasure they are carrying (A goblin might give you 100 xp, and is carrying 3 xp worth of treasure)

5) On every level there will be encounters that can kill you - deadly traps, out-of-depth monsters. Be on guard, and have your backup character ready!

I hope you end up enjoying the experience

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”