Delve the 8th


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 215

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Maloof keeps a very watchful eye on the webbed corridor.
User avatar

Posts: 722

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:30 am

Re: Delve the 8th

We could try burning the webs. That's a thought, not a command, though. I'm speculating.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 793

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Yes, but we might risk damaging any treasure hidden somewhere within. :?

What's the condition of the webs? do they look dusty? are there new, sticky strands?

Is it correct there is no tunnel or passage through the webs, just a solid wall?

Once we've inspected the webs to our content, I suggest we open the door on the north wall, since we've not done that yet as far as I recall.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1394

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:27 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

What's the condition of the webs? do they look dusty? are there new, sticky strands?

The ones close to you are dusty

Is it correct there is no tunnel or passage through the webs, just a solid wall?

You could walk down the corridor though the webs, but the webs are very thick and you would be constantly clearing them aside with something more than just your arms

Once we've inspected the webs to our content, I suggest we open the door on the north wall, since we've not done that yet as far as I recall.

I'll wait for feedback on this suggestion, then act on it if none is forthcoming
User avatar

Posts: 1394

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

You open the north door onto a 20x40 room filled with webs. In various places around the room you see foot-long spiders, in the middle of their webs, three all told. They haven't moved yet. Empty husks litter the room, and near one you see the glint of silver and gold, and a weapon

MAPPER: Room is 40' east - west, 10' on west side of door, 20' on east side of door
User avatar

Posts: 793

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Let's ready a volley of missile weapons & shoot the spiders from the doorway! Wiglaff's men-at-arms will stand ready to hold the door against their approach.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 585

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Aldbane has a sling and will use it if needed, but will yield first shot to anyone with more skill.

Assuming only a few people can fire through the door at once (also Aldbane has a DEX of 5). If Aldbane's sling is not needed, he'll guard the corridor but be ready to engage the spiders in melee.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1394

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

I'll let Rhod, Grampus and Wiglaff get off shots. One at each, or concentrate your fire?
User avatar

Posts: 722

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Good question. If we each fire at a separate foe, we probably won't kill any of them. But if we concentrate, that potentially leaves two completely unwounded and one wounded but still active.

Screw it, let's all fire on the closest one. And have somebody ready to slam the door in case they might get out and overwhelm us.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 793

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

coffee wrote:Screw it, let's all fire on the closest one. And have somebody ready to slam the door in case they might get out and overwhelm us.
!

Agreed.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software