[05] The Underbelly


Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: [05] The Underbelly

Biratlan presses the attack.
User avatar

Posts: 1078

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: [05] The Underbelly

Sullivus will draw a dagger but not throw it for fear of hitting one of his companions. He'll back away out of range of the wyvern's tail spike, if he's not far enough away already.
[f=4]Dorgan the Dwarf Armiger (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 5, hp 24/24, FC Hero, L) mail+sh+helm, axe
The Herald the Brother (MV 9", AC 5/5, HD 1, hp -2/5, FC Man, L) mail+helm, torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 46

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Re: [05] The Underbelly

Tumbly braces himself behind his shield and backs away to try and avoid falling embers or ignited oil. He'll also ready his dagger to throw...
User avatar

Posts: 16002

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 am

Re: [05] The Underbelly

| 3.15.13, possibly the final combat turn... |

The Wyvern thumps to the ground and rolls about frantically in an attempt to smother the flames, gifting our brave heroes a rare opportunity and they don't waste it. Sword and mace and dagger hew mightily upon the subjugated wyrmm, and despite it smothering the oily fire, it cannot withstand the punishment metered out by Biratlan, Tumbly and Filbert. And thus is the wicked wyvern is butchered.

| Mechanics

With only 2 hit points remaining, the wyvern has to go on the defensive and attempt to smother the flames before it is consumed. Thus, it won't attack this turn, but the referee rules that its flame smothering rolling about is as good as "parrying", so our heroes will attack it with a -4 penalty.

Our would-be wyvern slayers take their potentially decisive attacks:

Tumbly 1d20=19 (-4 parry); hits AC 4; 1d6=4.
Biratlan 1d20=20! (-4 parry); hits AC 4; 1d6=6.
Filbert 1d20=20! (-4 parry); hits AC 4;1d6=1.

Well now, that is about as "decisive" as it gets. The Wyvern is reduced to -9 hit points and is summarily slaughtered. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16002

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:23 am

Re: [05] The Underbelly

| Now that the combat is ended, the players will spend the remainder of the current exploration turn resting.

The combat sequence began in the second-half of exploration turn 3.15, and ended with combat turn 3.15.13. As there are (up to) ten combat turns per exploration turn, all of exploration turn 3.15 and the first three minutes of exploration turn 3.16 passed during the combat sequence. Thus, the remaining seven minutes of exploration turn 3.16 are spent resting and recovering.

The Wyvern's treasure hoard awaits! Exploration turn 3.17 is at your disposal... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:14 am

Re: [05] The Underbelly

Two hits in two combat rounds.

Biratlan stands over the corpse of the wyvern and defiantly raises his middle finger, "sic semper tyrannus" he exalts.
User avatar

Posts: 16002

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Re: [05] The Underbelly

|
DuBeers wrote:Two hits in two combat rounds.


Nicely done ;) |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1078

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: [05] The Underbelly

Sullivus will greedily explore the wyvern's loot!

| Yeah, Sullivus was "on fire" with his oil tossing both rounds... oh, wait, you meant something else. |
[f=4]Dorgan the Dwarf Armiger (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 5, hp 24/24, FC Hero, L) mail+sh+helm, axe
The Herald the Brother (MV 9", AC 5/5, HD 1, hp -2/5, FC Man, L) mail+helm, torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: [05] The Underbelly

After resting, Biratlan arises. "Let's loot this beast for all he's worth."

While the others look for the standard type of treasure hoard Biratlan will gut the beast and check it's gullet for cool stuff. He'll also take its fangs and claws to be made into a fearsome necklace.

| Would Biratlan know how to harvest its venom sac without exposing himself to it? |

Posts: 60

Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: [05] The Underbelly

While the other's loot, Magnus will begin examining the walls of the chamber, he will tap on the walls to see if there are any hollow sounds as well as examining them for any irregularities in construction.
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software