[03] The Ziggurat

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by discuit » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Potts will retreat back into the shadows and report his findings back to the group. Moving as quietly and cautiously as halflingly possible!

Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post by DuBeers » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Agreed, we should wait until we hear from our brave scouot. |

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Dungeon exploration turn 3.7 |

Master [p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p] has a decent look-see before sneaking back across the dim plaza; he returns to the company without further incident.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

"And so, my noble heroes", hisses a voice suddenly from the gloom arrears, "what treasures have your uncovered in my absence?"

Urtzil lumbers down the rocky incline, heralded by an 'earthy' odour and clutching a soiled leather bag, from which he draws a fat worm.

"I myself have had some success", he says, biting the end off the writhing thing and eyeing the group thoughtfully from behind the folds of his matted hair and furs, "it would seem more than your valorous selves?"
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]

Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post by ratikranger » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Human Cleric with Chain Shield Hammer,Level 1]Vergas[/pc] whirls around and stifles his customary "By the Lady's Balanced Scales!" into a whisper. He raises his hammer but recognizing Urtzil lowers it again as he moves toward the new arrival. Obviously annoyed he then whispers "Where have you been? Why did you miss our departure? And stop chewing on worms when I speak to you!"

Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post by DuBeers » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:11 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Sneaking up on armed mercenaries is a good way to steel in t'innards, grumbles [pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc]. He is somewhat abashed by the undetected approach of his fellow. Bad business to be caught unawares in the underworld he mutters.

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:22 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| In all fairness to Biratlan, who was keeping a good lookout behind, the referee will roll to determine whether Urtzil manages to arrive undetected. Urtzil's surprise die is 1d6=3, so he hasn't managed to surprise the lookout man. And the encounter distance is then 2d6=6, so 60ft.

Thus the dice inform us that Biratlan spotted Urtzil coming when he was still 60ft away. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post by mistere29 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| So what should we do about the two men, do we want to try and talk or attack right away trying to gain the element of surprise |

Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Idrahil » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:51 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Halfling,Fighter]Tumbly[/pc] says, "I don't much like the sound of these men. But, we are in search of information on our lost fellows. Was there signs of struggle or battle?"

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:23 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Human,M-U]Sullivus[/pc] says, "There's but two of them. Let's have a talk and, if they won't cooperate, we'll take them prisoner and then have another go at questions."
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Return to “Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.