[03] The Ziggurat

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by aspiringlich » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

DuBeers wrote:| I vote for going left |
| I agree, the torchlight is worth investigating right away. |

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post by mistere29 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| I will hold off on lighting a torch now. I second that we should check out the left chamber first. |

Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by discuit » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

OOC: I too wish to investigate the torchlight! I can try sneak up and spy first if people like.

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Human,M-U]Sullivus[/pc] says, "Yes, let's go left, but remember that they can see our lantern light as easily as we can see their torches."
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post by ratikranger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Vergas agrees, quietly: "Yes, we should go left first. Potts, if you're up for it, please scout ahead and see what you can make out. But don't go too far and hurry back with news! The rest of you, spread out a few steps and keep on the lookout. I don't like that dim passage across the hall, could be trouble. Sullivus, stay in the center for cover, and don't shine your lantern down the left passage."

| The idea is to form a rough circle around Sullivus while we wait for news from Potts. I don't want to get surprised from any side if we can help it. |

Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post by DuBeers » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:18 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Acceptable plan. |

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:10 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Dungeon exploration turn 3.6 |

It is agree that Master [p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p] should investigate the flickering light that beckons beyond the left arch while the others--still more or less at the foot of the entry way--for a defensible semi-circle around [pp Man,cloak,dagger,lantern,12,4/4]Sullivus[/pp].

| At the dungeon exploration scale Potts can carefully cover 180ft (or 60 yards) per turn, which is far enough to traverse the whole of the plaza and reach the arch in a single turn... assuming nothing goes wrong! |

[p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p] scampers off enthusiastically, soon leaving the pool of mixed daylight and lantern light behind him, and picking his way through an age of wet dredge scattered across the uneven floor. As he draws cautiously nearer (some 20 yards in now) to the central columns and presumed boulevard, he spies an occasional dapple of reflected light from the otherwise glassy, black surface. He soon realises it is not a paved road at all, but a sprawling arm of water that bisects, and partially floods, the plaza. The waterway looks to be haphazardly 5 to 10 yards wide. The surface is still and ominous, breached here and there by a few slimy blocks that protrude a few inches; its banks comprise only heaped swamp-muck.

[p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p] has an uneasy feeling about the water so, staying as clear of it as he can, our bold Halfling reaches the dimly illuminated arch (now 40 yards from his fellows and operating in near darkness) and peers silently around the corner...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Passage is too small a name for the 30ft broad avenue [p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p] espies, though the far two-thirds of its width are filled by the slug of dark water that reaches in from the plaza to tapper off half way in.

| Potts is a sneak thief in his element, in near darkness, so the referee assume he peers around the corner unnoticed... |

[p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p] immediately spots two hooded figures at the far end of the passage; bare-chested men whose muscled arms and chests seem to burn with inscrutable, luminescent symbols. The whole of the avenue is almost as long as the grand entry chamber is wide (perhaps 80-90ft), with the steady but flickering orange light coming ever more brightly from a pair of narrow stone doors that the men seem to be guarding.

It seems the run of parallel columns continue their run from the piazza and into the avenue, though here these are half sunk into the graven stone walls they scale rather than standing free. The ceiling seems dramatically lower (perhaps 10ft), and the intermittent flicker of the orange light, and movements of the two figures, casts a pantomime of long, dark shadows down the avenue.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post by ratikranger » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Since [pc Human Cleric with Chain Shield Hammer,Level 1]Vergas[/pc] is mighty unaware of all that Potts is seeing, he just stands his ground, peering around the large plaza carefully. Here's to hoping Potts will make it back soon... |
Last edited by ratikranger on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| [pc Human,M-U]Sullivus[/pc] is also waiting patiently for Potts to return. He'll try to shield the lantern's light with his body so it doesn't project down the way that Potts went. |
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Return to “Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.