[03] The Ziggurat

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Idrahil » Fri May 30, 2014 1:58 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

DuBeers wrote:Yeah! Exalts [pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc]. You'd better run!
[pc Halfling,Fighter]Tumbly[/pc] slaps [pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc] on the back. "Ho! now that was something to see! But, I fear the lads back at camp will never believe this tale."

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 30, 2014 2:10 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

The Stegosaurs give a short gallop, looking nervously behind them now and then, before coming to a gradual stop about 60 or so yards away. They watch the company suspiciously for a minute more, but when it appears that no pursuit is forthcoming, they get back to their grazing...

What now?

| The remainder of dungeon-exploration turn 3 (nine more minutes) is spend recovering and reorganising; now taking your orders for the next dungeon-exploration turn... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post by DuBeers » Fri May 30, 2014 2:22 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc] jerks a chin toward the structure. They'll respect us now. Let's get a move on. There's gold to be had and, more importantly, women and strong drink to be bought with it.

Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by aspiringlich » Fri May 30, 2014 3:44 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Do we see any kind of entranceway into the ziggurat? |

| OK, strike that, I see where you mentioned it: "The near-face of it appears to have long since collapsed leaving a wide, daunting breach--and entry--to its dark interior..." |
Last edited by aspiringlich on Fri May 30, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post by ratikranger » Fri May 30, 2014 5:31 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Vergas once again kisses his cross and exclaims "The Lady favors us!" before cautiously walking up to join the rest of the group at the entrance to the strange structure.

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Fri May 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Human, M-U]Sullivus[/pc] follows Vergas and rejoins the group at the ziggurat.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post by mistere29 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Shall we get into formation and examine the entrance? , asks Magnus.

Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post by DuBeers » Sat May 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc human, fighter]Biratlan[/pc]: Good idea. Let's get to it.

Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by aspiringlich » Sat May 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Human, Fighter 1]Arcus[/pc] will prod around the entrance with his spear, searching for trip wires, pit coverings, or other traps.

Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post by ratikranger » Sat May 31, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Vergas also takes a look at the entrance and tries to get a glimpse of whatever lies beyond. His goal is to see whether two men can walk next to each other or not.

If they can, he'll say "Alright, let's stick our plan, Arcus and Magnus in front, then Tumbly and Potts, then Sullivus, then Birtalan and myself. Does everyone agree?"

If, on the other hand, it looks like a single-file approach is called for, Vergas will "reorder" things; in that case he'll say "Looks like we can only go one at a time. Tumbly should go first, followed by Magnus and then Arcus; this way at least two of us can see ahead clearly. Then Potts, then Sullivus, then myself. Brother Britalan, guarding the rear will once again fall to the two of us, but mostly you. Does everone agree?"

In either case (single-file or not), Vergas will end with "Brother Magnus, can you carry a torch? Sullivus has his lantern, but it might be good to have two light sources in this dank ruin."

Return to “Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.