[03] The Ziggurat


Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Thu May 29, 2014 8:07 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Yes, Biratlan runs toward the dinosaurs |

Posts: 60

Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post Thu May 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Magnus will walk forward to Potts in case he gets in trouble.
User avatar

Posts: 40

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post Thu May 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Arcus is proceeding cautiously, looking for any sign that these things might stampede in our direction.
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu May 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Sullivus mentally draws a line between the dinosaurs and the people running toward them, and then attempts to get as far away from that line as possible.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Thu May 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

When Vergas realizes that Sullivus is about to run away, he signals Sullivus to stay and says "Are you quite certain you want to make yourself into an unprotected target?" If Sullivus actually leaves, Vergas will join the rest of the party and advance toward the monsters cautiously. If Sullivus decides to stay, Vergas will in turn stay to protect him.

| If I totally misunderstood and Sullivus is not running away but trying to get a better angle for a spell, I will instead join Sullivus as his protection. |
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu May 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Sullivus is not running away as much as he's running out of the "line of fire". |
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Thu May 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

sully wrote:| Sullivus is not running away as much as he's running out of the "line of fire". |


Alright, so Vergas sticks with Sullivus, trying to stay at his side instead of in front for now because we might have a spell coming up... :-)
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu May 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Turn 3.3.1 is a combat turn (in which Potts is surprised and cannot act) |

Hearing their bleat, and then spotting the dinosaurs, Biratlan boldly runs to Potts' aid, waving his ax and shield wildly!

Arcus and Magnus follow at a more cautious walk, while the remainder of the company stay well clear.

| The referee rules that flighty herbivore types, including Stegasaurs, should check morale if surprised and threatened. Potts has surprised them, and Biratlan is a credible threat so the referee rolls a morale check to see how the dinosaurs respond: 2d6=4, they will flee! |

As Potts recovers his wits, the dinosuars lurch directly away from Biratlan, bleating in panic, and crash through the heath noisily, knocking their heads and bodies together as they go...

Biratlan and Potts are now only a few score yards from the opening in the ziggurat.

What to do next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 40

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post Thu May 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

"Well I'll be damned," mutters Arcus. "The crazy s.o.b. scared 'em off."

Arcus trots ahead to catch up with others.
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:25 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Yeah! Exalts Biratlan. You'd better run!
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software