[03] The Ziggurat

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by ratikranger » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

"Minions of the dreaded Snake Cult!" gasps [pc Human Cleric with Chain Shield Hammer,Level 1]Vergas[/pc]. "We have to destroy them in the name of the Lady! I agree with the plan, but Potts should strike from the shadows, I have a feeling he has a knack for it. I will lure them out. You position yourselves out of sight, ready to strike. Are we agreed?"

| Assuming everybody goes along with this, Vergas will wait until his brothers are in position. Then he will quietly say a quick prayer to Vana the Lady of Justice, hoping that no evil will approach from other directions while the ambush is in progress. Finally, once everything is ready, he'll knock his shield and hammer against the stone floor and let out one loud "Ouch!" before crumpling to one knee. Then he'll just wait, holding his ankle but having is hammer on the floor right next to him. He'll be holding his shield in the direction of the wide passage though, just in case they'll bring to bear missile weapons. |

Post by ratikranger » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:50 pm

| Crap, of course I was assuming that we all move a little closer to the wide passage, I don't want to be 180 feet away from where the ambush will happen. Let's say Vergas will be 60 feet from the wide passage when all this goes down. |

Post by discuit » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:16 pm

OOC: I like Vargas's plan! If we proceed I'll make my way forward in the shadows and try and flank them!

Post by DuBeers » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:59 pm

[pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc] gets as close to the ambush site as tactical discretion allows.

Post by aspiringlich » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:12 pm

DuBeers wrote:[pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc] gets as close to the ambush site as tactical discretion allows.
[pc Human, Fighter 1]Arcus[/pc] does likewise.

Post by sully » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:30 am

[pc Human,M-U]Sullivus[/pc] will get a flask of oil ready and hide somewhere within throwing distance of the passageway. He will try to light the oil behind the cultists and cut off their avenue of retreat.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Tonneau » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:39 am

Urtzil regards the cleric with obvious suspicion - if not distaste - but says nothing. He sniffs at the petrified head of his cat on its bent stick, then shuffles off to hide behind a rock to see how events unfold.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:11 am

| Dungeon exploration turn 3.8 is another dungeon exploration turn. The referee decides it's time to start checking for random encounters: 1d6=6! There's mischief afoot already... |

Hearing Master [p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p]' report our company take a brief council in which [pp Man,cloak,dagger,lantern,12,4/4]Sullivus[/pp] proposes a plan to lure the two Snake-Cultists into an ambush. The others quickly agree and creep forward to take up ambush positions with weapons ready.

[p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p], [p Man,mail+helm,hand ax,shield,9,8/8]Biratlan[/p], [p Man,mail+helm,spear,shield,9,8/8]Arcus[/p], and [pp Man,cloak,dagger,lantern,12,4/4]Sullivus[/pp] gather in the darkness to the immediate right (coming out) of the archway--[pp Man,cloak,dagger,lantern,12,4/4]Sullivus[/pp] within 30ft which is the range of the burning oil bomb he begins to prepare.

[p Man,mail+helm,hammer,shield,9,6/6]Vergas[/p] is to play the bait, and positions himself 60ft out from the arch, just out of sight.

The others stage themselves slightly further back and out of sight...

| With this arrangement, Biratlan, Arcus, Pots, and Sullivus will outflank anyone who should come marching out of the passage. Vergas will have the support of Magnus, Tumbly, and Urtzil should he be directly attacked. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mistere29 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:19 am

[pc human, fighter]Magnus[/pc] will take position in the rear of the party, since he is not the stealthiest of the group.

Post by Idrahil » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:27 am

OOC As Halfling, should TUmbly take part in the ambush too? We hide pretty well! And sorry for my slow posting. This game moves fast! I will start checking more than once a day.

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”