[02] Overland in Wet Weather

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by aspiringlich » Wed May 28, 2014 5:05 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

Having lit a campfire last night, I think it's likely that if anything is there, it's already aware of us, so trying to approach by stealth wouldn't accomplish much. I suggest we head towards the structure in the clear light of day so we can see what's coming and minimize our chances of an unpleasant surprise.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 28, 2014 5:56 am

Some care was taken to hide the camp fire with stones and shields (which was wise), and it was rather on the far side of the hill top (relative to the fen), so it may be plausible that your camp was not spotted form the structure. Moreover, connecting a campfire to the presence of men would require a worrisome degree of cunning!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by DuBeers » Wed May 28, 2014 7:14 am

[pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc] shoulders his pack. I think we should head as straight for the structure as prudence allows. We could search for days and not find a more likely place to locate our missing comrades-in-arms.

Post by discuit » Wed May 28, 2014 8:53 am

Potts pats down and readjusts his armour, weapons and pack, then turns to the group.

"Gentleman......May I suggest that the majority of the party approach head on, as I feel that the likelihood of an unseen approach with this many armoured warriors is well.......unlikely, and whilst the majority of you do that I shall attempt to flank the site whilst you hold their attention? He then turns to Piotr "Piotr my friend, would you feel safer staying here and overseeing the campsite or would you prefer to accompany the rest of the group into the ruins? As always, I leave the decision up to you.

OOC: I'm happy to scout into the ruins if that is what the rest of the group desire? No risk, no reward as they say!

Post by sully » Wed May 28, 2014 2:06 pm

[pc Human, M-U]Sullivus[/pc] says, "Send someone stealthy to scout the area, see if there are any traps or evidence of recent movement outside. If none, let's move in now, while we have lots of daylight left."
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by discuit » Wed May 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Potts turns to Sullivas with his tell tale toothless grin on show - "That sounds like a solid plan to me Sullivas, shall I be on my way then, and where will the rest of you be waiting upon my return?"

Post by mistere29 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:15 pm

discuit wrote:Potts pats down and readjusts his armour, weapons and pack, then turns to the group.

"Gentleman......May I suggest that the majority of the party approach head on, as I feel that the likelihood of an unseen approach with this many armoured warriors is well.......unlikely, and whilst the majority of you do that I shall attempt to flank the site whilst you hold their attention? !

"I think this may be our best approach. We may as well make use of our friend's small size." says Magnus.
Last edited by mistere29 on Wed May 28, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by sully » Wed May 28, 2014 2:16 pm

discuit wrote:Potts turns to Sullivas with his tell tale toothless grin on show - "That sounds like a solid plan to me Sullivas, shall I be on my way then, and where will the rest of you be waiting upon my return?"
[pc Human, M-U]Sullivus[/pc] shrugs and hikes his thumb over his shoulder toward Vergas.

"Ask the boss. I just work here."
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by ratikranger » Wed May 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Vergas addresses Potts (and the group): "I am alright with brave Master Potts here scouting ahead, but we should not leave him out there by himself. If something goes wrong and he gets hurt, we will have no way of helping our brother from behind this hill. I say we let him scout ahead, but we should not be far behind. Let's all move together and bring the Lady's light onto the moors!"

| Split the party? Me thinks not! |
Last edited by ratikranger on Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by DuBeers » Wed May 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Safety in numbers grunts [pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc]. Scouting ahead is fine, but not too far ahead.

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”