[02] Overland in Wet Weather


Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Posts: 60

Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post Tue May 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

Magnus passes his rations to be warmed.

"Thank you Potts, anything warm will be a welcome change from rain and mud."

| So we are down two days of rations correct |
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Tue May 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

| No, I believe this is only the 2nd night in the wild, meaning we have 5 days of rations left after this meal. |
User avatar

Posts: 46

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Post Tue May 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

DuBeers wrote:Biratlan looks over at Tumbly.

Do you play Ship-Captain-Crew?


Tumbly decides against a swamp hunt.

Tumbly responds to Britalan

"Eh? I've been known to yes. But I am loth to part with my last bit of wealth. I don't want to die penniless. But I could wager a few silver on the toss of the bones."

Unpacking his rations, Tumbly hands them over to Potts to be warmed.

"I'll take some hot slop too Master Potts."
User avatar

Posts: 16041

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 28, 2014 12:25 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

Very good.

Potts has no trouble getting a cookfire going this evening, and sets about creating a hearty soup from dried meat and vegetables provided from his comrades' rations. The fire is covered somewhat by rocks and shields, which also serves to keep some of its warmth in. Everyone is anticipating a much better night tonight!

Biratlan and Tumbly play at dice, while the other pass idle soldier stories featuring unlikely successes.

After the meal Poitr cleans up before everyone eventually settles in for a night on the fens...

| Everybody please strike off a second day's rations. If you had one week of rations, you now have five days remaining.
If anyone is carrying any fresh rations, please then strike off one-half of whatever is remaining due to spoilage.

Now the referee checks for unwanted visitors during the night: 1d6=2, so none are forthcoming |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16041

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 28, 2014 12:38 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

| Referee dices for weather the next day: 2d6=6, indicates the weather is clearing. |

Though the night is perforated by the shrill honks and unsettling cries of the swamp denizens, the fire keeps you warm and dry, and the watches pass without serious incident.

The next day promises to be clear and mild.

A light mist still shrouds the fens, but visibility is much improved over yesterday evening. The curling vapours have retreated so far that you can now see some way into the mire and there, at the hazy extent of your sight, is an unmistakably orthogonal bulk shrouded in mist. It must surely be a low structure of some sort, though its exactly nature is impossible to discern at this distance. Whatever it is, it lies only a quarter mile into the fens. Nearby though it is, had the weather not turned this day you might never have seen it!

What to do next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

At the sight of the distant structure, Vergas raises his cross and exclaims "We receive the Lady's justice! Look brothers, no doubt a structure that should not be here, a hideout for the minions of Chaos to scheme over their twisted plots. We shall investigate, find proof of the corruption, and commit it to the flames of justice! Who is with me?"

| Obviously Vergas has some minor zeal-related issues... :-) |
User avatar

Posts: 1085

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:37 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

Sullivus replies, "I don't know if that place has 'minions of Chaos' written all over it but I do agree with you that it makes no sense to build something in the depths of the fens. Let's have a closer look."
[f=4]Dorgan the Dwarf Armiger (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 5, hp 24/24, FC Hero, L) mail+sh+helm, axe
The Herald the Brother (MV 9", AC 5/5, HD 1, hp -2/5, FC Man, L) mail+helm, torch[/f]

Posts: 60

Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:57 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

"A sword is just as sharp no matter who is wielding it. Chaos or not, we are trespassing on their land" Magnus grimly reflects. "Still, it is our job to investigate, so we must press onward to this structure"
User avatar

Posts: 16041

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:58 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

ratikranger wrote:Obviously Vergas has some minor zeal-related issues... :-)

Also known as righteousness :D

Very well, people. What shall be your strategy for approaching the unknown structure?

Will you set off immediately? Or wait 'til noon? or dusk?
Will you all go together? Or will some few of you go ahead?
Will anybody or anything be left at the camp?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Wed May 28, 2014 4:01 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

waysoftheearth wrote:Very well, people. What shall be your strategy for approaching the unknown structure?


| Don't take the following as our final decision unless several more players agree. |

Vergas says "We should first change our position, after all they may have seen us." If there's some cover nearby (another hill, trees, high brushes, etc.), say up to 200 yards away, Vergas will point at it and say "That might be good enough, let's stay low and move over there. Take your equipment and be very quiet!" If there is no cover, Vergas will simply point in the direction that's less visible from the structure and say "Let's move over there! Take your equipment and be very quiet!"

Once we have changed our position, hopefully in a semi-stealthy way, Vergas will suggest observing the structure for at least 30 minutes, just to see if anything stirs in there at all. Assuming we see nothing, his final suggestion will be to approach the structure from whichever side seems to have fewer entrances/openings with Potts scouting ahead of the pack, ready to run back to us or whistle and hide in case he can't make it back.

| Discuss! I really hope someone else has a better idea... Having Potts circle the entire thing occurred to me, but it's too dangerous in my book. |
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software