[02] Overland in Wet Weather

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by ratikranger » Tue May 27, 2014 1:19 am

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

Vergas (C1) addresses Britalan (F1): "Brother Britalan, are you expecting trouble tonight? I have heard about walking lizards as well, but surely they could not have camped here? And we found no signs of struggle..."

Post by DuBeers » Tue May 27, 2014 1:31 am

Biratlan (F1) looks about, then answers Vergas (C1).

No, brother-in-arms. It is drier than our surroundings and as safe a spot as any. We'll stand out a bit, perhaps, but I'll not relish a night slumbering in the fen. No, all factors weighed we're better here than elsewhere ... save it be at the Welcome Wench Tavern back home. Ahh, sweet Mary the serving wench. An ample bosom and even larger heart ...

Biratlan trails off with sigh and a gleam in his eye, then returns to humming his bawdy ditty and sharpening his axe.
Last edited by DuBeers on Tue May 27, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by sully » Tue May 27, 2014 1:33 am

ratikranger wrote:I think we'll stick with the existing arrangements for watch. Unless Sullivus wants to use a night without rain to change his spell? Then the watch schedule would be a bit different I guess.
| Thanks for thinking of me but I'm good with my currently memorized spell. I'll take first watch as planned. |
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Idrahil » Tue May 27, 2014 1:38 am

Tumbly (F1) interjects, "Will we be eating rations again or will we hazard some game?"

He then takes out his last gold piece and polishes it.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 27, 2014 1:44 am

A brisk search of the hillock confirms it as the premier camp site at the edge of the fens. There is a crop of dead tree stumps near the top, to the other side of which is a relatively dry hollow that looks to have made sleeping "quarters" for perhaps half a dozen at one point, for it is bedded with brush and foliage.

There are other minor signs of former occupation to be found; a boot nail here, a handful of likely sling stone left in an idle pile there, and a dinted old cook-pot under a tree that looks very similar to those supplied by the Grey Hart's Quartermaster. There is no direct evidence of any struggle.

| Hunting at dusk in a mire could be challenging--and might risk attracting unwanted attention. For now, at least, everyone has sufficient rations for tonight and another five days thereafter.

So, will there be any attempt at hunting/gathering this evening? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by DuBeers » Tue May 27, 2014 1:48 am

[pc Human,Fighter]Biratlan[/pc] looks over at [pc Human,Cleric]Tumbly[/pc].

Do you play Ship-Captain-Crew? (A traditional dice game that plays fast with easy to learn rules: http://odd74.proboards.com/thread/6740)
Last edited by DuBeers on Tue May 27, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by discuit » Tue May 27, 2014 9:48 am

Potts (T1) collects and cleans the discarded military issue pan and adds it to his collection. He makes his way to the campfire and begins warming up his rations whilst adding water and a few herbs and spices. The final product being a gooey mess, but a warm (and slightly tastier than dry rations) one none the less. He then turns to his companions and offers to do the same with their rations should they wish it. "It may not look like much chaps, but it's hot.......and tastes a little less like cobbles than our standard issue rations."

OOC: Potts will do this for anyone who wishes it and then sleep, undertake his watch and await the morning.

Post by DuBeers » Tue May 27, 2014 11:21 am

[pc human,fighter]Biratlan[/pc] takes [pc human,thief]Potts[/pc] up on his offer. Hard to conjure you'll make it any worse he offers as he passes the rations over.

Post by aspiringlich » Tue May 27, 2014 12:34 pm

[pc Human,Fighter]Arcus[/pc] acknowledges [pc Human,Thief]Potts[/pc], but says: "I'll stick with what I've got here," taking a bite of dried meat.

Post by sully » Tue May 27, 2014 1:52 pm

[pc Human,M-U]Sullivus[/pc] consents to warm food with thanks given to Potts.
Last edited by sully on Tue May 27, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”