[02] Overland in Wet Weather

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by ratikranger » Mon May 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Re: re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

After morning prayers, Vergas (C1) addresses the group: "Brothers, the Lady has seen fit to test our resolve, but it is not our place to question the fate she sends our way. We simply need to decide to meet that fate head on and show ourselves worthy of her grace." Then Vergas smiles grimly and nods. "And maybe all it takes this time is to learn that we need to bring tents and cloaks if we ever have to do this again. Everybody ready to resume our search?"
waysoftheearth wrote:Are there any new orders for the next turn (i.e., the next day of wilderness exploration)?
I think we're good to go?

Post by aspiringlich » Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Arcus: Let's get on with this.

Post by discuit » Mon May 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Potts:"I concur! Today I shall range ahead if you gentleman don't object, best we avoid stumbling on some enemies unawares!"

Post by ratikranger » Mon May 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Vergas says "Of course Master Potts. Just be very careful. If you cannot get back to us unseen, whistle twice and stay hidden."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 26, 2014 10:34 pm

ratikranger wrote:| I was trying to get Sullivus his sleep by putting him in the first watch, which gives him the rest of the night to sleep. Ignoring the rain which you seem to say also messes with his spell recovery, do I need to NOT schedule him for watch at all to make sure he gets enough sleep? |
| You did good Ratikranger; Sullivus needs his 8 hours of uninterrupted rest to be fresh enough to memorise new spells. Sleeping outdoors in the rain is not considered to be "uninterrupted rest". But it won't cause him to forget the spells he already knows. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by DuBeers » Mon May 26, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: [02] Overland in Wet Weather

Biratlan (FTR-1) trudges onward.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 26, 2014 11:07 pm

| Turn 2 is another wilderness exploration turn. |

The second day is overcast, but thankfully it is not rainy. The ground is wet, however, and only gets wetter as you head directly toward the search site in the moors. With the clearer weather you can now see them in the middle distance ahead of you; a heavy grey-green smear of denser vegetation shrouded in a blanket of mist.

Nobody can gaze upon the moors and not be concerned about the Lizards they know to be dwelling there. Why Dram's men would have approached the dangerous moors at all is proper question.

Still, orders and orders, and you set out; this time allowing Master [p Halfling,leather,short sword,open hand,9,4/4]Potts[/p] a quarter hour head start to range ahead.

| The referee dices to see if there will be any encounter this day; 1d6=5, but none is forthcoming. |

By luck, or by good navigation, the day's march goes uninterrupted and you make good time.

| Visibility is good today, so there's no risk of getting lost. |

You march through the wetlands all morning with the sun ahead of you, and all afternoon with the sun behind you. As the second day's march comes to an end you are on the very borders of the moors proper.

The ground is now consistently wet and boggy, and your boots are frequently sunk in water and mud. You can intermittently hear the cries of strange beasts echoing in the mists, and see shadows of unknowable creatures and birds scooting away from you as you march.

| Referee dices for a secret doors search to determine whether the party find an early clue upon their arrival in the moors; 1d6=5, yes! |

With the worrisome presence of the moors all around, and daylight already fading to dusk, you turn to searching for a suitable campsite. And lo! A slight hillock rises above the mists, like a ship upon a sea, and promises at least to be drier. You soon arrive there and find the remains of a cold camp site. There are a circle of stones around a spent fireplace and--Dram be praised!--a bundle of firewood that is only modestly damp. There are a few other articles lying about; a torch, an empty poke, a piece of twine, as well as signs of a meal. It looks as though a dozen Men could have camped here not too long ago. There is no telling where they are now, however.

Do you have any special orders for this night?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by DuBeers » Mon May 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Biratlan (FTR-1) takes the twine, empty poke, and torch and shoves them into his pack while muttering something about lizardman-skin boots.

| If anyone else wants a share of the "loot" I'll be happy to divvy up. |

Post by ratikranger » Tue May 27, 2014 12:56 am

Vergas says "Take a look around and see if you can find anything else that would tell us more about who spent the night here and how long ago they left." He then will do exactly that himself for a brief time, 10 minutes say. If nothing else shows up, so be it.
waysoftheearth wrote:Do you have any special orders for this night?
Just a reminder that we'll use "spare" shields to try and keep the light from the fire under control a bit. We'll also place our "wetter" colleagues closer to the fire. I think we'll stick with the existing arrangements for watch. Unless Sullivus wants to use a night without rain to change his spell? Then the watch schedule would be a bit different I guess.

Post by DuBeers » Tue May 27, 2014 1:08 am

Biratlan (FTR-1) begins whetting his handaxe while quietly humming a very obscene ditty.

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”